Those pesky Aiptasia

coralreefer

Membership Expired
I have been battling these boogers for some time. To the point I was at wits end and neglected the rest of my tank. Several fast growing corals were out of control, other needy corals were in despair. While teaching during the year and a lack of water changes the cyano built a stronghold. Having off during the holidays I took it upon myself to clean it up. All of it. I removed more than a half 5 gallon bucket of coral rubble from dead or decayed Monti cap and Birdsnest corals. Bought 4 peppermint shrimp from SW Paradise on last weeks discount. And did a huge water change. 2 weeks later 80% of the 100 aiptasia are gone. I'm mixing another batch of change water for Wednesday and looking forward to having the upper hand. I never thought that the pepp shrimp were gonna feast like they did. That aiptasia-x has always seemed be like aiptasia-steroids in my tank- makes them bigger and stronger. I would recommend trying these shrimp first before any chemical alternative.

Visited ocean avenue today and to my surprise they had tons of really nice frags. Looking forward to spending some money is there.

Thought I would share my experience.