Recent content by Bryan

1. B

B's 65

Tank: DSA Neo 65 Sump: Trigger Systems Tide Line 30 Light: NanoBox Hybrid Return: Jebao DC6000 Flow: 2x MP10 Reactor: NextReef SMR1 Skimmer: SCA 302 Dosing: Jebao DP4 / 2xBRS Control:Apex jr. w/ extra EB8 - Autofeed - ALD alt=""> alt="">
  2. B

Confusing Anthia Death

I had a female Lyretail Anthias who seemed to be doing great. She was very active, eating great, awesome color, etc. Monday there was nothing out of the ordinary , I fed the tank, everyone ate as usual , I went to bed. I come home from work on tuesday, and she is laying against a rock folded...
  3. B

Mg @ 2175 ?!?!?!?

My salifert test kit didn't come with a set of instructions , so I have been using this http://www.reefs.org...-Profi-Test.pdf When using that set of instructions I never get a reading below 2000. I noticed tonight that these instructions are from 1996 , is there any chance that these have...
  4. B

The Cube

Tank Started Jan. 2014 Equipment : Tank : 12 Naked Cube from Pico Aquariums w/ new pico magnetic overflow box Sump : Pico Aquariums Manta Ray 12 Lighting : Nano Box Tide w/ Storm Controller Controller : Apex jr. Heater : Neo-Therm 75w Return : QuietOne 1200 ATO : Tunze Nano alt="">...
  5. B

Cheap Motion Activated LED Cabinet Light

This just came across my TV , and I thought it might be an easy install for lighting inside an aquarium stand. Being that the light can be positioned pretty much anywhere could make it very handy, and the motion activated sensor is a really nice thing to have...
  6. B

Aquavitro Salinity Users

I ran across an issue with my Mag levels in my tank being at 1230 recently with no real understanding of what could be causing it. I am in the process of talking with seachem to figure out what is going on and thought I would share the conversation. I also have spoken with another reefer who...
  7. B

Project PICO

Being that I DQ'ed myself from the pico contest (epic budget failure) , I failed at keeping a thread going on my tank. So, I will just start a new one here. <u>EQUIPMENT</u> 3g JBJ 2.5g Sump/ mini fuge Glass-holes Overflow Maxi-Jet 900 return RKL , SL1, MLC, ATO -aqualifter LEDTRiC "Zooman"...
  8. B

Bryan's Rimless 33.6

[<u>[COMING SOON]</u> ] <u>EQUIPMENT LIST</u> Rimless 25x18x18 33.6g (drilled with glass-holes kit) 20L sump LIGHTING : Phoenix 14k 150w MH (holding out for AI VEGA - hoping for special MACNA pricing [smilie=wait.gif] ) FLOW : Quiet One 2200 Return Vortech MP20 SKIMMER : Skimz121 skimmer...
  9. B

SPS Keepers (please chime in)

Did a few parameter tests after about 2 weeks of automated dosing 5ml every 3days of ESV B-Ionic 2 part, and had these results : cal - 420 (hanna checker) alk - 7.6 (hanna checker) P04- 0.01 (hanna checker) Mag - ~1460 (salifert) SG - 1.026 Salt is Aquavitro Salinity 5g WC's every sunday The...
  10. B

3 gallons of Pico-ness

Got confirmation from Fosters/Smith that my tank has shipped and will arrive in FRIDAY !!!!! [smilie=rock.gif] Let the games begin
  11. B

Paly Toxin exposure through Vapor

Sorry if this has already been posted here, but I felt this was some very good information to have. http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/04/palytoxin/
  12. B

B's 9.5g shallow

I have made an attempt over the past few years to get a small reef going, but because of travel for work it hasn't worked out. Now I have moved up in the world and get to pass all of the travel off to the noobs. Since my 90 is now a FOWLR , I will attempt this reef once again. Equipment ...
  13. B

Need Advice

Sorry this is so long , but Im trying to cover all of the questions that my arise. My tank had been Taken over with algae. It appears to mostly be GHA, but Im not 100% certain that there isn't other types along with it. My problems started about the same time that I switched to Red Sea salt...
  14. B

Out Of Ideas

This may be quite long so hang with me for just a bit. I currently have 2 tanks. Tank 1 is ~90g with 40b sump/fuge, running bio pellets, reef octo NWB110 skimmer, 1x250w MH, 2x54 T5. This tank to me has a very small bio-load, I currently have 4 fish - tailspot blenny, pajama cardinal, yellow...
  15. B

RO/DI Question

Lately I have had a GHA outbreak like i have never had before. My feedings are very light, my bulbs are changed regularly, and I do 3 20g water changes each month. Tank is 87g with 40b sump, have a 15g fuge, reef octo nw110 skimmer, and only 4 small fish. My problem really started as the...