Project PICO

Being that I DQ'ed myself from the pico contest (epic budget failure) , I failed at keeping a thread going on my tank. So, I will just start a new one here.

<u>EQUIPMENT</u>
3g JBJ
2.5g Sump/ mini fuge
Glass-holes Overflow
Maxi-Jet 900 return
RKL , SL1, MLC, ATO -aqualifter
LEDTRiC "Zooman" Full Spec PAR38
50w heater
AC50 w/ inTank Media Basket (mounted on sump)
In media basket :
Filter Floss - changed every 3-4 days
Purigen
Blue Life - clear FX pro

Tank was just taken down about a week ago to be drilled . I also took that time to do a good cleaning of the equipment while everything was down. Tank is now back up and running, however all INMATES are in my 33 until I can be sure there will not be a cycle after putting it all back together.

doing things a bit different this time. I couldnt find a bulkhead small enough for what I had in mind so I decided to go with this :

alt="">

It is 1/2"x1/2" john guest bulkhead union. I will be using 1/2" john guest tubing along with an inline ball valve to adjust flow as needed. The bulkhead did not come with a gasket so I did what most reefers hate and used silicone to secure it to the galss and ensure a water tight fit.

Here are a few quick pics :

alt="">

alt="">

alt="">

And here is where I shed blood making the sump :
alt="">

Looks good. Nice job on the John Gusset bulkhead. I might have to give that a try someday. Look forward to seeing it stocked back up!

@M@! wrote:
Looks good. Nice job on the John Gusset bulkhead. I might have to give that a try someday. Look forward to seeing it stocked back up! said:
Thanks,
The thought of 1/2" PVC for the return just seemed a bit crazy on this tank, So I started looking for another route and ended up with the john guest stuff. It has worked great so far, and I would use it again no questions asked. The only thing that I will be changing is where the tubing meets the back of the tank. I need to install a 90* fitting to ensure there isnt any added pressure to the glass or bulkhead. I didnt order with the other parts because I had the expectation of Lowes or HD having it, they carry every size except 1/2" [smilie=angry.gif] So I will be making that order soon.

@M@! wrote:
Ahhh that sucks and I'm sure shipping will probably cost more than the part! said:
Lol, it actually does. So I think I will order a backup of each fitting for emergency needs.

My light crashed on me so........

got a lil sumpthin in the works

nano-box.jpg
alt="">

IMG_06211.jpg
alt="">