Recent content by Allen Michelle

1. A

Guides to Marine Fish Breeding ~ www.breedmyfish.com

Many of you know me from breeding fish and writing the breeding articles... and because of that, I would get a pm every so often from random people asking me for help with breeding fish. So I compiled all the notes, articles, images, videos etc. on to a website called Breed My Fish...
  2. A

why so many people buy from bluezooaquatics?

I looked at their website, their prices aren't better than lfs...
  3. A

Who knows about running OZONE ???

i've read up about this. yes it is very dangerous if you use too much and it's quite difficult. then I stopped there. :lol:
  4. A

a few things that bug me as a zoa keeper... secrets revealed

I don't know if you sps people also experience these problems... but... 1. Zoa naming... I see so many of our fellow hobbyists fall into traps of over paying for zoas that have been wrongly named.... Nuclear Green palythoas for example, I have met at least 3 people here on the forum who paid...
  5. A

moving tank with live sand?

How do you guys move a tank with live sand? when moving a tank you'd disturb the sand and cause the trapped phosphate? ammonia? nitrate? to be released into the tank... will it work to drain the water to the minimum and put a mesh over it to keep the sand steady? or add chemicals to remove the...
  6. A

lighting possibility for a 10gal nano softies only tank

I helped my sister set up a saltwater tank by converting their 10 gal guppy tank (2 years ago) She's got one of our clown babies too. what we did was replace the 2 bulbs with coralife 50/50 PCs bought from petco, but I don't think those work too well. I gave her a bunch of corals, but even...
  7. A

Banggai Dogs... ~.~

This is the <u>fourth </u>feeding during early afternoon, around 2pm: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5856923883269540553&hl=en each banggai can consume about 10~15 full size PE Mysis shrimp daily
  8. A

Dwarf Seahorses Diary

here are some pics and videos of my dwarf seahorses. sorry the videos are small. So I was watching them one night and they started mating. Well, there are 3 males fighting over a female, so one male got may be 5 eggs (guessing), and he dropped one, and then they separated... after a while, the...
  9. A

Brine Shrimp Hatchery station

I finally did it, after the ghetto brine shrimp hatchery i made tipped over so many times, I wanted a station like the phyto station Ron made in 2005 so I modified it a little for the brine shrimp. surprisingly, this makes so little noise :)
  10. A

Breeding PJ Cardinals

At the meeting someone asked about breeding PJ cardinals. here's a link about it that Tim posted on MOFIB: http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3718&highlight=tisbe
  11. A

How many can you find??

LOOK! how many can you find? these dwarfs are about 1 and a half weeks old :)
  12. A

help with Iwaki external pump output angle....

So i noticed that our iwaki external pump output angel is not 90 degrees.. more like 75 or 80... so how do you guys attach plumbing to this pump? is it angeled weird? here's a borrowed pic and you can see it alt="">
  13. A

SPS ID?

We got these when they were green and brown. now they're very colorful... wondering if anybody knows what they are. the sps in the last pic looks like a statue of Yoda. :lol:
  14. A

Lighting to grow macro algae?

I need lighting to grow macro algae... would 1 watt LED lighting be enough to run a 14gallon tank of macro algae? or should I look for higher Kelvin?
  15. A

LED Lighting for a Biocube 14?

So, like everybody else, my biocube has over heating problems w/ 2 pcs in there. Does LED lighting produce much heat? I heard it doesn't... Does anybody know any sites for LED mod for the biocube? either DIY or buy premade... I found this: 12" LED Does it work well? how about this: tiny LED...