LED Lighting for a Biocube 14?

So, like everybody else, my biocube has over heating problems w/ 2 pcs in there.

Does LED lighting produce much heat? I heard it doesn't...

Does anybody know any sites for LED mod for the biocube? either DIY or buy premade...
I found this:
12" LED
Does it work well?

how about this: tiny LED

I don't have any corals in this tank so I don't have to worry about output, but I do need lights in there for the cheato.

Any other solutions to lighting that produce very little heat, only need it for cheato growth?

Any help appreciated

leds wont radiate heat into the water so that should fix your problem but they will heat up that canopy pretty well. not sure of what type of fans those have but you may have to add one to help vent it and keep the leds cool.

oh really? hm

i should try to find some LED DIY stuff then...

i wonder if Academy sells any sort of led lighting that can be used... they have led flash lights...

oh, and btw...i have the tiny led, i didnt really look before. it is seriously bright.

i would think so, but it is very blue. ill have a par meter soon hopefully so i can tell ya what its putting out

Try digi-key.com search for super bright LED's. you can probally run any of these off a dc converter ie. a phone charger, you'll also need some 1k resistors but it's a pretty simple. I could draw you a schematic if you need one.