Search results

1. B

Need suggestions for tricked out 30 cube

My cousin asked me to help him set up a small tank. He is working for us this summer and I'd like to send him back to college with a nice system. Here is what I have in mind, please let me know what you think and what other suggestions you may have. Tank: Oceanic 30 cube Stand: Standard stand...
  2. B

coral mounting in Florida

Did anyone else hear the story on NPR Wednesday about the project off the coast of Florida where divers cemented corals back in place after a towline cleared a 200' wide stretch of coral bed?
  3. B

New RODI storage container

For the past 2 years my wife has had to look at a 45 gal Brute trachcan sitting atop a big, ugly plywood/2x4/metal brace stand in our laundry room. She did not like it. So to please the "spousal unit" aka my beautiful wife, I replaced the big ugly stand with some stained cabinets and a granite...
  4. B

For the past 2 years my wife has had to look at a 45 gal Brute trachcan sitting atop a big, ugly plywood/2x4/metal brace stand in our laundry room. She did not like it. So to please the "spousal unit" aka my beautiful wife, I replaced the big ugly stand with some stained cabinets and a granite...
  5. B

6. B

Type "L" rotifer culture

If anyone wants some rotifers to start a culture shoot me a pm and I will hook you up.
  7. B

I have rotifers if you need them

If anyone needs rotifers to raise some baby fish or baby whatever I have some for you. For free. Just shoot me a pm. I keep 2 Brachionus plicatilis ("L" Type) cultuers at the farm to feed my corals. There is always plenty.
  8. B

how many amps?

Anyone have a link to somewhere that I can figure out how many amps my 250W MH ballasts are pulling? I had found the info last year, but I lost it! :oops: Thanks
  9. B

What is this?

I would say pink star poylps. Now watch Nathan correct me... :D
  10. B

Public thanks to fish2morrow

After 3 months of beating my head against the wall b/c I could not figure out why about 1/2 of my sps corals were slowly dying off I finally broke down...and asked for help. Robert "coached me up" a bit and now all my sick corals are doing MUCH better! THANK YOU Robert! BTW I think the problem...
  11. B

LR or DSB in fuge

I have a DSB in the fuge section of my sump. It is 20" wide, 12" across and about 5" of sand. I'm debating taking all the sand out and putting rubble LR in its place. I think it would buffer the water better and keep my pH a little more stable and make it higher(I topoff lime water to keep it...
  12. B

Red Sea Naso Tang

Anyone know why the Red Sea Naso Tangs are so much more expensive?
  13. B

skimmer overflowing cup

I am setting up a new tank and I just installed my skimmer. I got an ASM G-4+. I put a gate valve mod on it, but when I turn on the skimmer the water colum goes up the cone, thru the neck and quickly overflows the collection cup and boils over. Is the water level in the sump too deep? Do I...
  14. B

250W or 400W MH?

I'm putting together my new tank and I'm having trouble making a final decision on the lighting. Tank is 60x24x31 I will have clams on bottom, SPS in upper third, LPS mid level, zoas on lower portion and my RBTA about 1/2 way down. I want to go with 2 14k MH fixtures w/ no actinic...
  15. B

Looking for trim carpenter

Any trim carpenters (or experienced hobbist) out there willing/capable to skin out my metal stand? I have everything designed, just need to get it made and stained. Stand is 60x24x37 (LxWxH) Crown moulding around tank, base mould, decorative corners in front and removable panels for front(2)...
  16. B

Amphipods

This may be a dumb question, but... Has anyone ever heard of Amphipods killing zoo polyps? I have seen a major increase in larger amphipods while loosing a few small zoo colonies at the same time. :sad: Thanks