New RODI storage container

For the past 2 years my wife has had to look at a 45 gal Brute trachcan sitting atop a big, ugly plywood/2x4/metal brace stand in our laundry room. She did not like it.
So to please the "spousal unit" aka my beautiful wife, I replaced the big ugly stand with some stained cabinets and a granite countertop to match the kitchen. I also replaced the brute trashcan with an acrylic storage container. I designed it and had Marc build it. It came out really nice!
I wish I had some before pics, but I can't find any.
Now I get fresh water and she has somewhere to fold the laundry. Win/Win :)

Here's a picture of the access door on top.

water_reservoir4.jpg
alt="">

water_reservoir3.jpg
alt="">

The internal pieces are for strength so the container won't bulge outward.

James, that looks really nice. Thanks for letting us see it installed.

what happens to the water coming from source when the valve shuts off ro water?does it all then run out the waste line? yes it is very sharp looking////

Steve, where did you get that bulkhead from?

Bill, once the float rises, the water pressurizes the RO/DI system and it shuts off. No more water should go down the waste line. This can take up to 60 seconds.

It is wise to install a ballvalve between the RO/DI system and the float valve. Once the unit is full, it shuts off. Now close the ball valve for the next few days until it is time to refill the unit completely. This avoids TDS creep.

What a great idea and it really looks good and functional. Supper job but I won't be showing this post to Tippie. :lol:

Looks really good. I will have to agree, my wife believes the "Brute" trashcans are just part of reef life, she will not see this thread!

This is awesome and exactly what I have been looking for. How much water does it hold? What are the dimensions?

Looks great! :D

@Marc wrote:
Steve said:
hahahahahahaaaa! i bought the float valve piece but never played with it and was always worried about how it worked and if it would. sweet!

nice set up bayou, thanks for sharing. really should work out nicely. your pics really help see how to set it up properly, i have yet to do it and really need to.