Public thanks to fish2morrow

After 3 months of beating my head against the wall b/c I could not figure out why about 1/2 of my sps corals were slowly dying off I finally broke down...and asked for help.
Robert "coached me up" a bit and now all my sick corals are doing MUCH better!

THANK YOU Robert!

BTW I think the problem was high phosphates. Ever since I reinstalled the phosban reactor and started feeding pappone again everything has improved!

@Bayou wrote:
After 3 months of beating my head against the wall b/c I could not figure out why about 1/2 of my sps corals were slowly dying off I finally broke down...and asked for help. Robert "coached me up" a bit and now all my sick corals are doing MUCH better! THANK YOU Robert! BTW I think the problem was high phosphates. Ever since I reinstalled the phosban reactor and started feeding pappone again everything has improved! said:
That's great.. glad you found your problem. Can you go into MUCH more detail on what the problem was with the reactor, what was wrong and how exactly you fixed it. Also, how did the pappone help with phosphates?

I sincerely doubt that Papone assisted with the reduction fo Phosphates. If anything it could add to them but it can do nothing to reduce them. If flake food ( usually high is Phosphates ) was discontinued and the italian blend of fresh food was substituted, then it was a reduction in source flake not the Papone.

I would have urged one change at a time, so that its effect could be observed without complication.

guys i dont think he is saying that adding Papone helped reduce phosphates. I think he is saying two things helped his tank
1) reduction in phosphates via phosban reactor
2) Feeding Papone

but back on topic congrats, if anyone would know how to raise healthy SPS it is probably Robert, I can't wait until i get my tank transferred and feel safe about adding SPS again so i can give Robert a visit!

Sorry for the confusion about Pappone and Phosphates. Salty said it right.

Can you go into MUCH more detail on what the problem was with the reactor said:
The problem with the reactor was that I removed it from the tank. I had purchased a large acro colony and 2 weeks later it RTNed. So I removed the Phosban media from the reactor and replaced it with carbon to get any decaying tissue out of the water. Then when I took the carbon filled reactor offline I never reinstalled it w/ Phosban media.

The whole process of watching the corals waste away was very, very difficult to watch. 6 of my 17 sps frags were completly lost. 2 are almost lost. The frustrating thing was that my water was testing okay, my LPS and softies were doing great, and some of my sps were also doing pretty good. It really is amazing how all the corals color up when you feed the pappone.