Need suggestions for tricked out 30 cube

My cousin asked me to help him set up a small tank. He is working for us this summer and I'd like to send him back to college with a nice system.
Here is what I have in mind, please let me know what you think and what other suggestions you may have.

Tank: Oceanic 30 cube
Stand: Standard stand w/ glass door - sump on bottom and a shelf above.
Light: Sunpod 150WHQI w/ moonlights
Sump: Custom sump under tank in stand
Return pump: Mag 5? 7? plumbed to a squid and returned to tank
Powerheads: Koralia nanos 1 or 2 of them
Plumbing: spaflex lines
Tank drilling: 3 holes drilled - 1 drain line and 2 returns
Overflow: Calfo style external overflow attached to back of tank and draining down to sump.
Skimmer: SeaClone in sump (going cheap here b/c it is free)
Topoff water: Custom reservoir in stand if room is avaliable or he can top off by hand.
Controller: he can spring for that later. LOL

Thanks in advance for your input.

i would do a 40 breeder with outside overflow then he can have nice layout for aquascaping

Are you going to have fans / heaters in the sump area to maintain temp? I'd get acrylic fan holders for the PC fans, and add a simple temp monitor that will alarm if the temp varies. I have a Solana 34Gallon and had to use fans to keep the temp below 80 in a cool temperature bedroom.

Good point Charlie. I'm hoping to keep the clutter down in the tank, so a heater and fan holder in the sump is a good idea. And a filter sock holder.

Check out my tank build in the nano section. ITs a 30 cube. The build is called the Zephyr cube. Let me know if you have any questions. Oh yeah, mine has 4 holes in 1 for the overflow box, 1 intake for the closed loop, and 2 returns for the closed loop. I might do a fifth hole for the return pump return, but that might be to many holes.

I have a little oceanic 30 cube and love the tank. There is alot thy can be done with it, I will be curious to see what you make of it. I havnt done much myself but think a closed loop to keep out powerheads and an external overflow could help keep it open and clean. I'm a fan of keeping things simplistic and more open than craming a ton of liverock in it personally. Use some acrylic rods or some Tongan branch mixed in to create some cool cave features. One of donnies buddy had one too and his rock work is awesome, I'll see if I can get some pics I it.

I cut my teeth on this same tank(literally) and I loved it. I got some flat fieldstone and used it to make 2 benches that served as cave roofs. It was pretty cool.

I like the closed loop idea to avoid powerheads in the tank.