Search results

1. M

Freebies - Getting out of Hobby

I've got a lot of free stuff if your interested.  A table full of stuff.  Come by and get it, don't want to throw it away.  Items include:chemicals, fish trap, picking lime, MH reflectors, ballasts, tubing, tank putty, 10g tanks, 40g tanks, etc.  Too much to list.  I'm available today until...
  2. M

300g Tank Breakdown - All for sale

Breaking down my 300g tank and selling all equipment.  This is most of the bigger items, but will post some more as I have time to take pics and post.  All prices are OBO, but please keep offers reasonable, no low balls.   Pictures of most items are attached below.  If you see something that you...
  3. M

300g Tank Breakdown - Live Rock and Fish

Well, after many years, I am finally going to downsize to something more manageable.  Don't have the time and energy to put into it anymore.  That being said, I'm posting the live rock and a couple of large tangs first and will followup in the dry goods section later this week with the tank and...
  4. M

Need Help with Apex and D-Link DIR-615 Router Setup

Need some help on a couple of different issues that I'm dealing with. Let me start off by admiting that I'm a computer idiot. I can get by with clear instructions, but if it's not spelled out, in detail, I'm lost. So I have an Apex and was wanting to connect it to my router (DIR-615 D-Link)...
  5. M

Need an Aptaisia Covered Rock......

for a Copperband butterfly that I have in QT that hasn't eaten anything else I've tried in 5 days. Willing to pay for it, if needed.
  6. M

Live Blackworms Anyone?

I've got a Copperband Butterfly in QT that hasn't eaten in 4 to 5 days now, that I've seen. Does anyone have any live blackworms, in the Dallas to McKinney area that would be willing to give or sell me a few to try? Everything I've read on RC says that most fish, especially butterflies go...
  7. M

Where to Find This LED Mounting Rails?

Anyone know where I can find the rails used to make this LED mounting fixture? It's some kind of aluminum 4-channel that has 90degree connectors that can be bought for it. I've seen someone on RC use it to mount their DIY LED's to and it looked really good, but now I can't find it again. alt="">
  8. M

New Tangs Stressed and Beaten Up - What can I do?

Need some advice. Picked up a couple of 6" tangs from a guy out near Tyler today. They both looked great and were very healthy. However, while I was on the way out there, he caught them by himself. He told me he was going to take all the rock out in order to catch them, but that didn't...
  9. M

Anyone know where to get Uniseals locally?

Looking from some 2" uniseals if anyone knows where I can get them locally.
  10. M

Cup of sand to seed my sandbed in Allen/Plano/McKinney Area?

Can anyone in the Allen/Plano/McKinney area spare a cup or 1/2 cup of sand from your tank or refugium? I'm trying to seed my new sandbed. Thanks, Mark.
  11. M

Petco $1 a Gallon Sale starts Sunday

It case it hasn't already been posted, I was in the store in Allen yesterday and the manager showed me the ad that is coming out. $1 a gallon for the 10's, 20's, 29's, 40 breeders, and 55's.
  12. M

NEW Hanna Phosphate Tester

Anyone seen these yet? I've got one ordered, but won't be shipping until sometime next week. At $40, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the larger $200 unit, and it's got the same level of accuracy. http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=251_307_309&products_id=6321
  13. M

Need Help (in Allen) Lifting Tank onto Stand TODAY

Need a couple of guys to help me and a friend move my tank from garage into fish room and lift onto stand. We'll be placing it on a cart, rolling into the fishroom and then lifting up onto the stand. Shouldn't take but about 30 minutes or so. Help would be greatly appreciated, if there's...
  14. M

Glass Suction Cups

Does anyone have one or two glass suction cups available that I can use this coming weekend? Borrow or rent, makes no difference. I'm finally getting around to installing the glass in my plywood tank.
  15. M

Rubbermaid Stock Tank - Question about Dimensions

Can anyone tell me what the dimensions, at the bottom, are for the 100g black Rubbermaid stock tank??? I know some people use them for sumps, which I'm considering as well, but need to know what size area they will fit in. It looks like they are longer and wider at the top. I found dimensions...
  16. M

Sharp's (masharp1126) 450g Plywood Build

Well, thought I'd finally get this thing rolling. Let me warn you right up front that I'm a huge procrastinator. But, with that being said, this project has been in the works for over 12 months so far, time to get it done. My goal is to have the tank completed, water in, plumbing & lighting...
  17. M

Marco Rocks - Shipping Special ($5 a box)

Just a heads up for those interested. Marco rocks is offering $5 shipping per box, but it ends September 4th. As an example, they have 50# boxes for $125 plus $5 shipping. Pretty good deal. I don't have any of their rock (yet), but everyone I've seen posting that has bought from them has...
  18. M

Quarantine and Medication Tips

Saw this posted by a "Mr.Wilson" on RC a few days ago and thought the information might be helpful for some. I've never really used QT before, but now that I'm setting up a new tank, I'm going to start it right this time. Losing 6 fish in my old tank within a week of adding something new...
  19. M

Lighthouse Controller - Anyone Using One?

Trying to decide which controller to use on my new setup. Anyone used one of these, and if so, what was your opinion of it? I haven't seen any threads on Reefcentral, but if you know of any, a link would be greatly appreciated. I plan to start off controlling lights, PH, Temp, and maybe ORP...
  20. M

Glass Source? - Starting a 410g Plywood tank

Finally sold our house and moving back to Allen. I've got a 12 ft wall in my den that backs up to a 12' by 20' work space in my garage. My plans are to wall in the work space, add A/C and dehumidification, and use it to house my in-wall tank. I've been researching plywood tanks for a few...