Need Help with Apex and D-Link DIR-615 Router Setup

masharp1126

Membership Expired
Need some help on a couple of different issues that I'm dealing with. Let me start off by admiting that I'm a computer idiot. I can get by with clear instructions, but if it's not spelled out, in detail, I'm lost.

So I have an Apex and was wanting to connect it to my router (DIR-615 D-Link), so I buy a Netgear WNCE2001 wireless bridge. According to the wireless bridge instructions I try to connect it to my router by the "push-n-connect" option, doesn't work, and then I try connecting it to my laptop and going that route. Still can't get it to connect. So I do some google searches and determine that maybe it's something in my router security settings. So, like a computer idiot, I log into my router and fiddle with some of the settings. Still can't get it to work......

and now my latptop, Kindle, and cell phones won't connect either. Wireless is not allowing access. Everything that is connected via ethernet is okay, just the wireless devices not connecting. So obviously I changed something on my router and now these devices can't connect, but I have NO IDEA what it was. [smilie=envy.gif]

So I need help getting my router working again, getting the wireless bridge communicating with router, and then setting up my Apex for internet access.

I don't have a lot of frags right now, but do have some zoas, and also have 20 rics coming in tomorow. More than willing to share a couple, or a restaurant gift certificate for help. Or recipricate if you need help with something.

I had the same issue with mine at the time. I also have a D-link wireless bridge (different model) but same...what kind of router you have and I will take a screen shot of my current settings if they are the same, minus ip address? I'm not a computer genius nor an idiot but will try to help out.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Most likely you need to go back into the router and set the wireless security settinsg to WPA2-PSK Choose a good password, then set the same password for each computer and the bridge for the Apex.
That is more secure then the old push to connect feature.

I'm all the way in Athens but I can help you remotely, if you have a laptop that you an hard wire in then I can Remote Desktop later today and have you all fixed up. Lmk if you feel like this is needed. Pm me your phone number to setup a time today. I'll do this free of charge and grab a frag later maybe.

@shse666 wrote:
I should be free in a couple of hours if you don't find anyone by then. said:
I'm actually at work today, and won't be off until 3:30 p.m. Let me try the remote login with McReefer this afternoon. If we can't get all the issues figured out, then it would be greatly appreciated.

@reeferwanabe wrote:
I had the same issue with mine at the time. I also have a D-link wireless bridge (different model) but same...what kind of router you have and I will take a screen shot of my current settings if they are the same said:
I have a D-Link DIR-615 router, and the wireless bridge is a NetGear WNCE2001.

@pjracer wrote:
Did you blug it into your laptop to require a ip. I have the same one said:
Your talking about the wireless bridge right? If so, yes I did plug it into laptop, and tried it that way. Still couldn't get it to connect.

@McReefer wrote:
I'm all the way in Athens but I can help you remotely said:
Thanks, I'm willing to give that a shot. You'll have to walk me through the remote connection. I've done it once on this laptop with one of the guys at Neptune. I'll be home about 3:30 p.m. or 4:00 p.m if that is good for you. My cell is 469-212-3151.