Search results

1. E

Apex out

I just got back from vacation and it appears that in the thunderstorm on Monday my apex base unit got zapped. I am in need of a backup apex base unit to borrow please.
  2. E

Matt's Raffle win rimless 120 tank build thread.

Haha Congrats Matt. I figured someone needs to get ya started on a tank build thread. Hope this build thread goes better than your last build thread.
  3. E

Best 20k bulb 250w.

What is the best 20k bulb 250watt wise with an ice cap ballast? Best as far as par goes.
  4. E

Will this work or do u have a better idea?

I got mine at Regal Plastics in Dallas. I think it is on LFS map on top right. You might be able to get it from a sign shop as well.
  5. E

Vinegar in tank.

So I have a 55 gal vat that I make my saltwater in. It is installed in my fish room in a corner next to the tank. It is not easy to take outside to clean so I just filled it with 55 gallons of water and 2 gallons of vinegar to try and clean it up some. I was just wondering when I dump that...
  6. E

My new leopard wrasse.

I have 5 leopard wrasses in my tank now. Meleagaris, potters, ornate, niger and kuiter. I have never seen or heard of this last one so I thought I would post a pic. alt="">
  7. E

Detritus building up in rocks. What does everyone do?

So I take a turkey baster occasionally and blow my rocks trying to get all the dust out. I am having a little issue with some raised phosphates and I think this could be one of the reasons. What does everyone do if anything to blast the rocks? I wonder how much an impact would have adding...
  8. E

Interesting revelation on Vortech Battery Backup

An article about the true test of the battery back up from Hurricane Ike. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1472426&perpage=25&pagenumber=1
  9. E

I keep getting request for photos of my rhyzos. And dendros

So here they are for all those that have been asking. I got a red one and a white one from Ultimatefrags.com. This is as I was putting them in my tank. alt=""> alt=""> And starting to settle. alt=""> Here is the red one in actinics. alt=""> Here are both of them at night fully inflated...
  10. E

Took some photos of Marinesnow's tank today.

Hope he doesn't mind me posting a few pics of his tank. It is super sweet and set up so well. That acan enchinata is huge and I can't believe somebody has a colony that big that was fragged before sold. It is probably 18 inches at it's longest point. The echino is sweet how it has two...
  11. E

Trying to save a coral I bought today.

I went to DNA today and saw a coral that struck my eye. It is super bright coloring but labeled on glass as slightly damaged. Well they said it has been there a couple of weeks and it had come shipped in with the damage starting. I thought I might have a chance ast it and that it was worth...
  12. E

Ever been scared while digging through your reef?

I was just messing with my tank and came across something that I didn't know exactly it was. I wanted to get it out but there are many things in the hobby that could be harmful. I wasn't sure about this but was getting it out one way or another. I think it might be a flatworm but not for...
  13. E

Finally a build thread for my 295 gallon. Pic intense.

Well my wife wanted to move closer to work. The 2.5 hours a day in the car was wearing on her. I said ok as long as I had a place to put a tank. Preferrably in the wall. Well with the unstable market and having a home for sale in a neighborhood with new homes still being built we finally...
  14. E

What is on my tang?

He is eating and acting normal but has something on his side. alt=""> alt="">
  15. E

Teaser pics of my 295 gallon tank. Build thread coming soon

Well I have been working on my 295 gallon tank and thought I would post a couple of pics. Will do a build thread when I have time. Still more work to be done to get it finished. alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt="">
  16. E

Water storage tanks.

Does anyone know where to get water storage tanks locally? I am wanting one like this but shipping was like 50 bucks. http://www.plastic-mart.com/class.php?item=218 I need the smaller diameter one cause of the place I am putting it. Also I have two 15 gallon containers I got from the Gaylord...
  17. E

Starting a 295 gal in wall and need help.

Well my order for a 295 gal tank was put in today to Deep Sea Aquatics which is the former custom tank makers for Oceanic when they were still in Dallas before joining forces with All Glass. It will be a 72" long x 30" front to back x 31.5" high with stainless steel frame for a total of 295...
  18. E

Need ID on this Aussie coral.

Need help IDing this Aussie coral. I got this coral back in May and not sure of what it is, other than that it is from Aussie. I think I have seen similar corals online but not totally sure. I don't want to say what the others were called to keep the suggestions yall have fresh. alt=""> alt="">
  19. E

My two duncan corals

This one is an ORA strain that started with 3 polyps in May and is now at about 15 polyps. Unfortunately I disturbed this one before I took the pic so it shriveled down. alt=""> This one I got from a Wholesaler in LA on 104st wild caught out of Aussie. It started at 2 polyps at the same time...
  20. E

I need to get my co2 tank refilled and was wondering . . . .

I need to get my co2 tank refilled and was wondering if there were any places to get it filled in Plano, Allen, Frisco or McKinney area? Is any co2 ok does it matter if it is food related or not.