Trying to save a coral I bought today.

I went to DNA today and saw a coral that struck my eye. It is super bright coloring but labeled on glass as slightly damaged. Well they said it has been there a couple of weeks and it had come shipped in with the damage starting. I thought I might have a chance ast it and that it was worth saving. I talked to the general manager Shawn and he dropped the price 20 bucks and then I got another 10% off for membership. Here it is and hopefully I can do it. I already dipped in an iodine based coral medication. IF it continues then I will take the dremel to the good part.
These pics are taken under 10K XM lights and no photoshopping was done.
M01A0929.jpg
alt="">
M01A0928.jpg
alt="">
M01A0930.jpg
alt="">
M01A0931.jpg
alt="">

Nice piece....my hermits would have a field day with it. :lol: I have bought a few "rescue" corals and have had better luck just fragging it right off the bat. Hope it pulls through for ya. :)

Cheers,

Looks like an acan Echinata or Subechinata. They are pretty damn hardy. They also pack a wallop if a frag falls over on it, the Echinata wins. Always.

The do have feeder tenacle which when out pack a wallop too, so dont put in too close to anything that you dont mind being pruned by the Acan!

Lower light ( bottom of the tank ) lower flow. It will filter feed but you might get a feeding response with an eyedropper full of mysis.

@66deuce wrote:
Prolly RIP. said:
How dare you! :eek:

It is sitting about the same. It hasn't gotten worse. Surprisingly though since I was gone away from my tank for a week last week and just knew something would go bad. I recently found my blue hippo picking on a scolymia and hopefully he doesn't turn to it.