Search results

1. A

pairing clownfish

I HAD a pair of pink skunk clowns this morning. When i came home, i found the male shrivled up and dead on my bedroom floor. Would i have difficulty adding a small pink skunk. I really don't need them to breed or anything, i just wanted to make sure the larger female would not be aggressive...
  2. A

something maybe wrong with my seabae

I'v had him for three days now. When i first placed him in the tank he found a spot. The next morning, as the lights came on, hswe unattached himself from the rock he was at. I moved him to another spot where it had more water flow, and he quickly grabbed onto the rock in that area. Then...
  3. A

Hqi Bulbs

I was wondering which Hqi bulb should i use. I'm going to put 150 watt hqi over a 15 gallon nano. Everyone on Nano-Reef said to go with the 14k Phoenix. I was wanting more of a white light with a very light tint of blue. open for suggestions...
  4. A

Problem - Sand is getting hard

[I have no clue why this is happening in my reef. The sand bed is pure aragonite and is about 1 inch deep. It is forming a hard crust at the surface and my green carpet anemone does not like this. Anyone know what can be the problem??? I started breaking some of it up, but some of it is...
  5. A

Green carpet anemone - Got a few questions

[I kinda rushed into buying this bad boy and was wondering what can i do to keep this thing beautiful??? I'v had a bubble BTA before, i never fed it, i just let the clown do all the feeding. I have no clowns yet so i'm thinking i will have to get some soon. Just let me know what ya'll have...
  6. A

Aqua c vs beckett - Which is better?

[i'v heard many good things about both types of skimmers, but i need to know which one does the better job. I'm buyin one for xmas so i need to know pretty quick. And how much louder is the beckett over the spray injection. The two i was looking at was the Bullet 1 and the Ev 120. Let me know...
  7. A

Skimmer question

[i'm thinking of just downgrading to an Aqua C Remora Skimmer and just hanging it on the side of the sump Instead of getting a really nice Trigger Skimmer. I'll save about 50 percent versus the Trigger Skimmer, but i don't know if it will work hanging off the side of a sump since the water...
  8. A

Ballast question - Might be a stupid question

[I have a Magnetic 175 watt MH ballast that pushes two bulbs. Currently I am only using on bulb. I just unplugged the other cord from the ballast? There is only one on and off switch on the ballast. My question is, am i using the same amount of energy as the two bulbs running, even though...
  9. A

Ca reactor question?

[I need to know if you can use one on a tank as small as 35 gallons. The smallest reactor i'v seen has been rated for a 125 gallon tank. I want a reactor so that I can keep sps and not have to be home everyday to dose Bionic (what i use now) or kalkwasser. Let me know what ya'll think?]
  10. A

Planning new stand - Need some input and opinions

[I'm planning on building a new stand and need some opinions on the design of it. I was on RC looking at everyone's diy stand, and i have not clue on how i want to design it. I'm torn between a seperate stand and canopy, or a stand and canopy combo. I'll post some pictures to explain what i mean.]
  11. A

Equiment check - Skimmer or fuge

[My 30 I plan to setup in a few months will contain only SPS corals. The tank will also have no fish, maybe a lawnmower blenny just to take care of some algea if any. My question is, what will I need? A skimmer and fuge, or, one or the other? I would like to do only a fuge so that it would...
  12. A

The end of the road - Can't have a tank anymore...

[With school about to start back up and electricity bill sky rocketing, my parents have decided that i don't need my reef anymore. So i'm moving everything into my girlfriends 58 gallon, but i need some advice. Her tank was set up about a month 3 weeks ago. It has about 27 pounds of live rock...
  13. A

Mh ballast question? - Magnetic pulse or probe

[What the heck is the difference. I know everyone is thinking why am i gunna get a magnetic ballast? Well in short, I am cheap... and it's going on a fish only tank. Now i know your asking yourself another question, MH on a fish only? Well i want the option of going reef if I change my mind...
  14. A

Rust - How bad is my situation?

[I use small razor to scrape the inside front of the tank clean. I guess i dropped one in there and i found it this morning all rusted up. My clam isn't looking too hot right now, his little foot think was holding onto the razor blade. What do i need to do???]
  15. A

Glue? - Need exact name

[Just wondering which glue is the best for sps frags. Lately i'v just been wedging the frags into a whole in the live rock and it has been working very well for me. But i got a frag of orange cap, and the spot where i want to put it, it keeps falling off. So i need to know what is the name of...
  16. A

Colt coral - Having trouble staying on

[I recently fragged some colt coral on to a small rock. I wanted to use the plastic toothpicks to secure it to the rock but i didn't have any so i used just a rubber band. For some weird reason, the colt keeps comming off. I lost it... Has anyone else fragged colt and had success??? I just...
  17. A

Anemone fraggin? - What will happen if....

[What would happen if i decide to cut an anemone at it's base??? Would the anemene quickly grow a new "foot" and attatch it's self to another rock? My anemene is getting big, TOO big for a 55 i think. It is attached to a rock that is low in the tank. And he reaches more than half way up the...
  18. A

Zoos - Dumb question

[where exactly do these need to be placed in the tank. I put it about half way up the aquascape, directly under the halide. I'm thinking this is too much but i like the placment. Do these need high flow or medium or low. The place that it is at right now is about medium to low. Let me know!!!]
  19. A

Cooling fans - 4inches, don't have to be fancy

[I need to know where the cheapest place to get some fans. They do not have to have a speed setting or temp control, just needs to be one speed and pushes some air, least amount of sound would be nice but if noisy i'll just get used to it. Let me know guys]
  20. A

Calcium question - What methods should i use?

[I just finished moving my tank into it's newer taller stand, and am now running a sump/refugium. I plan to have mostly sps and lps corals in the tank. I just purchased some small frags from tranquil scapes, some montipora and some tri-color, and i was just wondering what everyone uses for...