Search results

1. J

30 Gallon Nuvo Reef Aquarium with custom stand

The husband and I just bought a 30 Gallon Nuvo Reef Aquarium http://innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/micro30-reef-ready-0401K.html Purchased the kit from MarineDepot.com -...
  2. J

12g Nano Cube save, Maybe ponies?

I gave birth to my son back in mid December, we moved homes just 3 months prior to that, had to leave my 240 gallon behind and with everything going on with pregnancy, the newborn and the temp tank (a 100 gallon) being on the third floor and not the main living space, my tanks are in shambles...
  3. J

LED lighting question???

So I am building a new tank now that I am moving (http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=90024) and have a question about LED lighting in the reef aquarium. I have two DJ/Event style LED light panels. Pretty impressive boards, about 12"x18"x2"deep. There are a plethora of lighting...
  4. J

Jena's 240 downgrade to ~100 gallon and ~200 long

July 31st, 2010 I began my adventure into saltwater aquarium and dove right in the deep end with a massive 240 gallon reef aquarium. Just over a year later I am 6 months pregnant and we are moving into a bigger home closer to the city - to a 4 story town home. Needless to say - I am not sure the...
  5. J

ID weirdest thing I've ever seen

alt=""> I thought I had seen just about everything in my tank over the past year - until I found my littlest starfish turning what looks to be dead now - something. It looks like it had lots of little legs and a mouth with like 3-4 feathery 1/2" tentacles. About 3-4" long, with a thicker middle...
  6. J

My Zoas are not too happy

I have a 12g nano, it's been cycling for 6 weeks now. All levels are perfect - temp, pH, etc. But for some reason the Zoas I added remain closed up and seem unhappy. There is one zoa that is fine, in full bloom, but the other two are closed up. Any thoughts?
  7. J

My 12g Nano Cube for the office

This is Jena's husband....purchased this from fellow forum member Druski2007....a 12g nano cube. Will be placing it in my office so I can obsess about this hobby both at home and at work :) And since I'm self-employed, my boss approves. Have cleaned it out and am currently bleaching the sand...
  8. J

Water flow

I've got (2) Koralia 4s and a SEIO Super Flow Pump PROP 1500 for movement in the tank. Any ideas on positioning inside the tank? Is it just dependent on how you like it or...not sure exactly. I have a 240gallon with two overflows in each far corner with return water coming up and in. I have the...
  9. J

Going in WAY over my head...Jena's 240 SW build :)

The Saturday, July 31st, I am acquiring Roberts tank and converting it into my own creation. Basics specs: 240 Gallon glass tank (72" L X 32" D X 24" W), oak colored stand and canopy, 1-48" 4-bulb T-5, 1 - 36" 6-bulb T-5, 1 - 24" compact for the 40 gallon refugium, 30 gallon QT tank, 25 gallon...