ID weirdest thing I've ever seen

jtapgar

Membership Expired
Weirdness.jpg
alt="">
I thought I had seen just about everything in my tank over the past year - until I found my littlest starfish turning what looks to be dead now - something. It looks like it had lots of little legs and a mouth with like 3-4 feathery 1/2" tentacles. About 3-4" long, with a thicker middle - about an inch wide, but thinner at the mouth area. I am sure that is not much of a description, but it is all gray, dead, looks like it had skin like a tang - as in not scales. but smooth. It also positioned itself at the bottom center of the tank under rock formations making him nearly impossible to get to even if my husband would agree to touch it - it creeps him out. I have never purchased or placed anything like this in the tank, so it must have been a hanger on to rocks or something else. We have had some recent instances of deep holes dug in the sand displacing the sand and rocks - but not sure if the two are related issues. Any help IDing would be greatly appreciated even if it is just a guess!!

Does it have two white holes one on top and one to the back if so it's a cucumber I have one they bury themselves during lights on and come out and eat algae at night time as they are real soft and burn up easy even t-5 hurt them hope that helps -curt

The mouth definitely looks like it could be a Medusa Cucumber, but what gets me as it looks like it has feet like a centipede. At this point it is most certainly dead - my shrimp and starfish are nibbling at it now that the lights are out. I haven't seen my Tiger Cucumber in awhile....

If it's dead, get some tweezers or chop sticks and pull it out and get a good picture of it under daylight lighting.