My 12g Nano Cube for the office

jtapgar

Membership Expired
This is Jena's husband....purchased this from fellow forum member Druski2007....a 12g nano cube. Will be placing it in my office so I can obsess about this hobby both at home and at work :) And since I'm self-employed, my boss approves.

Have cleaned it out and am currently bleaching the sand, and the one snail who remained has a happy new home in our 240gal. I must say, Dru took very good care of this cube because I find nary a scratch or flaw. I'll be setting it up this week and will be working up the refugium with the existing rock particles and some seaweed. I'll also begin cycling the thing with live rock from our 240gal...then will add some soft coral and, eventually, a pair of mated clownfish and a gobi. My plan is for this to be very colorful, so as I progress, I will post a lot of pics.

I would post a pic now, but I am sure everyone can imagine what an empty nano looks like sitting on a kitchen counter.

Sorry for the poor quality, I only had my cell phone camera at the office. The nano is up and running and will be cycling for a week or two before I add some coral, anemones, and more colorful live rock.

With Clorox? LOL...I guess it was a figure of speech. I put the sand in a bucket and left it out in the sun for 2 weeks. It either got bleached, or very very tanned.

Another updated pic. Sorry again for the poor quality, I need to bring the good camera to work some day...

I took out some of the rock to create more swimming space for the as-yet-to-be-determined fish I plan to add in 2 weeks. The tank has been cycling for 6 weeks now.

On Tuesday, I'll be adding a yellow watchman goby, a pistol shrimp, a green bubble nem, and two false percs. Stay tuned for pics!

Nice start to your tank. I have a biocube 14gallon my self that sits on my desk. I think I enjoy looking at the nano more than my 150 gallon. Well good luck and have fun with your nano.

The two clowns with the green bubble nem in the background. The nem is scooting into a hiding spot, and the clowns have not yet hosted it. I have no idea where the yellow watchman goby is hiding...

[attachment=0]nem and clowns.jpg[/attachment]

awww good luck on the clowns hosting
they look like true perculas...That's what I have and they wont host my GBTA or the two condy's!????
they hosted my mushrooms.... GO figure!
I had a small clown goby.... but my condy ate him.... =/
(he was the cutest little booger ever, and well they condy ate him!!!)

The nem has found a happy home and has bubbled up. I love where it has landed, right in a crevice between some rocks off to one side of the tank.

The clowns are supposed to be false percs. We've had some issues with the place we ordered them from, so...who knows...

[attachment=0]nem.jpg[/attachment]

I can't wait to set up my 12g nano at my office. Are you planning on adding more fish? I was thinking of one or two fish for mine.

I have 2 clowns and a goby in there, and that seems like max capacity for the 12g. Otherwise it might be a bit crowded, especially if you have more rock or coral than I do.

More pics. Clowns are eating and hosting. Everything is right with the world :)

[attachment=2]Tank 007.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Tank 002.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Tank 008 hosting.jpg[/attachment]