Search results

1. T

how to use wavemaker

i bought a biocube 28 gallon and it came with a oceanic pulse wavemaker. I dont know how to use it or what to hook it up too. can someone tell me
  2. T

Fragging?

I have a rock with 80+ aussie lord acain polyps. I was thinking about fragging some peices off but i have never done it before and dont know how. I dont want to harm the corals. so i was just wondering if enyone could tell me how?
  3. T

zoa id

does enyone know what these are alt="">
  4. T

led lights

Today i bought a 24 inch led light It has 8 (1 watt leds) it has 600 lumens! And i bought a 30 inch coralife fixture with 10,000k daylight and a true atenic 03 blue lamps in it. I was wondering if this is enough light, it was kind of a impulse buy because it was the last one in stock and i...
  5. T

Bubbles on sand

i have a bunch of bubbles all over my sand Not sure what it is
  6. T

filter sock on fluval

I am want ing to use a filter sock on a fluval 405 do you have an idea how i would do that
  7. T

I dont get it

I have a 29 gallon reef with 30 pounds of live rock and a 2 inch live sandbed with a fluval 405 and a aqua c remora rated for 75 gallons and a KOralia 1. All i have in the tank is a yellow tail damsel and a hammer coral and a couple zoo frags yet my tank seems dirty the water is hazy and not...
  8. T

Top for 29 gallon

I bought a top for my 29 gallon tank i have a 2 foot coralife compact fixture on it. And the glass broke i guess it cant hold the weight of it. I was just wondering what you suggest i do. IM guessing i will need to make one strong enough. BUt how should i make it? and should i use glass or plexi...
  9. T

hammer coral not opening

I have had a hammer coral for 3 days when i saw it in the store it was big and open but in my tank its its not coming out very much. My paremeters are fine and i dont know what to do or whats wrong
  10. T

yellow and green clown goby

I was thinking of either getting a yellow or green clown goby I have a yellow tail damsel and plan on getting a 6 line wrasse will they be ok with them
  11. T

Nano skimmers?

I have a 29 gallon reef its not a biocube just a regular tank, But i was wondering what you think about the nano skimmers made for the biocube and nano cube? Do they work good? Also what hang on skimmer would you suggest.
  12. T

bubbles

I have a 29 gallon tank that has been up for three weeks and all of a sudden theyer is what i guess is bubbles floating around in the tank. IM not sure what it is but i have noticed it more seince i added some hermits so im thinking it might be the hermits moving the sand and air pockets opening...
  13. T

sand cleaners

I was looking for a good sand cleaner besides hermit crabs or sand sifters what would you suggest
  14. T

super glue

Will super glue harm my fish/or corals? Obviously i dont mean to put it on them but to have something in the tank with it on it.
  15. T

calcium and alkalinity

What should my calcium and alkalinity be at for a reef tank i dont have eny corals right know but plan on adding soon my calcium is at 380 and my alkalinity is at 3. I guess its 3 i put 6 drops in and it says divide it by 2. Im not knew to the hobby but I have been out for over a year on reef...
  16. T

hardy fish

I am starting a little 30 gallon tank and wanted to find some very hardy small reef grazing fish what would you suggest besides damsels.
  17. T

29 Gallon reef (first corals just in and diy canopie)

I am starting up a 30 Gallon budget reef tank, My goal was to not go over $200 on the setup! I bought a 30 Gallon tank on the sale forum for $20 and a bag of live sand from Aquatic trading for $27.99, I have a fluval 405 i plan on using for filtration but the propeler and propeler cover is...
  18. T

white fuzzy

I wasent sure were to put this but i had some live rock in my old tank and set it out to dry. It is dead now and white but i have used some of the rock in my new tank and have noticed on one of the rocks theyer is fuzzy white stringy stuff on it and its really hard to pull off does enyone know...
  19. T

30 gallon eel tank

I am starting a 30 gallon tank for a small snowflake eel and was wondering peoples opinion on using live rock and live sand in a eel only tank. is it needed. i plan n only using a fluval 405 on it.
  20. T

overkill or not

would it be total overkill to use a fluval 405 on a 29 gallon i already have one and its ranked for a 100 gallons.. ?