bubbles

I have a 29 gallon tank that has been up for three weeks and all of a sudden theyer is what i guess is bubbles floating around in the tank. IM not sure what it is but i have noticed it more seince i added some hermits so im thinking it might be the hermits moving the sand and air pockets opening up. And if this is so how long do you think it will be till this stops.

There shouldn't be bubbles on top even if they are being released. Most likely a buildup of gunk on the surface. Is the filtration skimming properly off the top. Pictures would help!

@kwl1763 wrote:
There shouldn't be bubbles on top even if they are being released. Most likely a buildup of gunk on the surface. Is the filtration skimming properly off the top. Pictures would help! said:
theyer isnt bubbles on top just going around the tank below the surface.

ah ok most likely that is due to a pump sucking it in from somewhere. Are they tiny? are they always ?

Describe the setup, do you have a sump, what pumps where is the overflow, where does water evap, etc. Again pics are worth 1000 words!

@kwl1763 wrote:
ah ok most likely that is due to a pump sucking it in from somewhere. Are they tiny? are they always ? Describe the setup said:
At the moment i only have a fluval 405 and a koralia 2

does it appear that they are coming form the return? 3 weeks is long enough for evaporation to start lowering the water levels in your pump chamber. I agree... most likely the pump sucking in air.

yes i do belive it is coming from the fluval know. BUt i dont know were it could be sucking air from it has to be coming from the canister itself because the the part that sucks is at the very bottom of the tank.

Just a thought, but it could be sand particles floating around due to too much flow? I don't have air bubbles floating around, but that MP10 I have is pretty strong and when it kicks into full gear ... it can grab sand and move it around the sand bed. Possible thing cld be happening w/ your pumps.

Bubbles can form in any media you use for filtration. So if you have a media in the canister for biological needs those organisms will produce bubbles and those will circulate in the display tank.

I currently have a small sponge filter on a new tank until some of the live rock gets cured. Once biological filtration is established then out it comes because of the bubbles.

How high in the tank is the Koralia mounted? If it is mounted too high it will every now and then created a vortex from the surface in the form of what looks like a an underwater tornado. You will hear a sucking sound when that occurs with bubbles being created in the tank.

IM pretty sure it coming from the fluval cause if i turn it off for an h our the bubbles go away but i dont know how to get rid of the the return isnt sucking eny air or sand