Search results

1. L

ICE PROBE by Cool Works....question on plumbing

Hi all, I've had to be away from the board for a while for family reasons... anyhow, I have a question for the great minds on here (and yes I mean you, as you most probably know more than I). I generally have a problem with heat in the summer...so am considering an ICE Probe chiller by Cool...
  2. L

540 Gallon Aquarium !!!COMPLETE SETUP!!! on E-Bay

This is located in Sherman http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220306856257&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
  3. L

75 gallon Salt Water Aquarium & Accessories on E-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170274270563&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123 Came across this on E-bay, thought someone might be interested...
  4. L

Article from 'Practical Fish Keeping' on coral extinction

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/item.php?news=1745
  5. L

Please help me identify this...

I bought a small piece of LR (coral skeleton) from a LFS in DFW. A month or so later I noticed it had something green about the size of a pencil eraser growing on it. I've been trying to get good pics of this thing so that I could get it identified. However, because of the small size it would...
  6. L

My new GBTA split! Too cool

The second weekend in May, I got a nice sized GBTA from bdgenz. It traveled about 4 hours in the bag down to my house. It seemed to be doing great until last week, when it looked like 'he' had moved to the other side of the rock and was shrunken a bit. Then two days ago, I noticed another...
  7. L

Skimmer cup lid? Absolutely needed? Suggestions

Hi, I traded a frag for a CPR(I think) HOB skimmer (rectangular model), it was missing the powerhead (very replaceable) and the lid to the skim cup. Is that lid absolutely nessesary? If so, do you have any suggestions on where I can find one or how to make something that would work to replace...
  8. L

Would a 22" T-5 fixture be adequate over a 30" wide tank?

Hi, I am considering a T-5 fixture to go over my 30 gal tank. The tank is 30" wide X 18" deep(I think). The fixture is only a little over 22". Has a 14 watt 10,000K daylight and 14 watt true actinic 03 blue T-5 fluorescent lamps. Thinking about either using it how it comes (above listed...
  9. L

found a Baby Jar pico reef on MARSH

Ok, Now, I have 3 nano tanks and one in the build, 5,8,15, and a 29. I had a 1.5 gal but the tank dimensions made it hard to keep up. When I read this thread over on MARSH, I just had to share: http://www.marshreef.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=16044
  10. L

Lighting Quandry: which is better? (POLL)

Hi, my tank is a 29 gal flatback 36" long x 12.5" wide x 16" deep. It has a HOB refugium made by CPR (23.5" x 14.5" x 3.5") which will have it's own light. The corals I have are mainly softies, shrooms, rics, zoas, kenya tree, gsp, a leather, and a couple of LPS, frogspawn and a hammer. The...
  11. L

Lighting Quandry: which is better?

Hi, my tank is a 29 gal flatback 36" long x 12.5" wide x 16" deep. It has a HOB refugium made by CPR (23.5" x 14.5" x 3.5") which will have it's own light. The corals I have are mainly softies, shrooms, rics, zoas, kenya tree, gsp, a leather, and a couple of LPS, frogspawn and a hammer. The...
  12. L

Does this Zoa have a name (with a better pic)

I bought a piece of LR that had pale orange to dark yellow centered Zoas on it. They are almost like a dreamcycle color. I've not seen this color before, although probably some of you have. Hopefully the pics will show you what I am talking about. ZoaID.com is looking at my pics, they had...
  13. L

Red Bali Starfish

Has anyone ever kept one of the tiny Red Bali Starfish (Fromia milleporella)? The True Percula had a few in two of their front smaller display tanks. I thought they were so beautiful and would like to know how to care for them, how hardy are they, what do they eat? Thanks in advance
  14. L

Thanks for your help

I am admitedly a failrly new reefer, my income is low, so finding things in my budget is hard. I found this auction on EBay and I wondered if it would be adequate to start me out. I can do minor wiring, so that is not a problem. Thanks in advance... Here is the link: 175 Watt MH...
  15. L

Please ID this coral I saw at a LFS in Tyler

Hi, the owners of the Petland in Tyler set up nano fresh and saltwater aquariums that you can purchase all inclusive, already running with the fish and everything. One they had on display had a red coral of some type that I would love to know what it is so I can perhaps get one. I have...
  16. L

Would a Maroon Clown Pair with Percula or Oceleris?

Does anyone know if a maroon clown would pair with one of the orange variety clowns? Or even get along? My next fish purchase will be from one of the members that raise clowns...an orange one. I've always loved the look of the maroon variety with the white stripes so needed to know if they...
  17. L

Yellow-Green Lettuce looking stuff and snot (now with pics)

Hi, On some live rock I bought, I not only was awarded with aptasia, but also some kind of yellow-green lettuce looking stuff, it has tubes coming out of it of the same color. Also, are patches of a gray critter/substance that looks alot like snot. Feels kinda spongy. Don't have a pic as yet...
  18. L

My LTA ate my yellow clown gobie (darnit)

I don't have a clown yet as I am waiting to get one from one of the members on here. Although they had resided in the same tank for the last month, my LTA ate my yellow clown gobie, before then, he had not gotten really close to it. However, the LTA had just moved behind the rocks to the side...
  19. L

Identify my Nem please

Hi, I've got a small nem that is pink/beige, light and dark of these same shades throughout. On the outside of the tenticle base (not the foot) are white dots in a regular pattern. The tips of the tenticles are white/baby pink. When it rolls into itself or shrinks the tenticles they are...
  20. L

How to build, moonlight LED's + lid

Hi, it's me again, I have a 26gal(think so anyway) flatback aquarium. The lighting I have is a 36" 110 watt PC fixture (yes it's the one that I got from Bimmerzs, that he had for sale on here) that consists of two 21" 50/50 bulbs offset. I would like to add some LED moonlighting to this, does...