Search results

1. S

PAR Meter Rental From LFS

Anyone know if any LFS has a PAR meter for rent?  Does the club still have one for members?  I could not find a posting on the forum for it like there used to be.
  2. S

LED's with a whiter/brighter look?

Are there any LED units out there that give the look of a 12K Metal Halide bulb but doesn't fry corals? Even though I have a 31 inch deep tank and my radion gen 2's 14 inches above the water line, I still have to set the light's cool white channel down to 30% or lower (and with 50% overall...
  3. S

Best Alk and Calcium Supplements For Auto Doser

I set up my auto doser in January and have a 3 chamber repository for the supplements.  Each chamber holds 1500ml.  I am finding that my alk supplement seems to settle at the bottom even though it appeared to be mixed quite well.  My thought is that the solution of RO/DI water mixed with the...
  4. S

Is this Bubble Algae?

Is this bubble algae? The long tubular shapes are throwing me off. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465273248.515211.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1465273259.379906.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1465273273.181960.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. S

T5 Ballast For Supplemental Lighting

So I have 2 Radion Gen 2 fixtures over my 110 high (48" L X 18" W X 31" H). I want to add some supplemental T5's (probably 4 48" bulbs). I would like recommendations for ballasts that match the followers no requirements: 1. Do not overdrive the bulbs. I don't want to wire a bunch of fans up to...
  6. S

Keep Hermits Out of Overflow

I like the tiny hermit crabs as part of my cleanup crew as they can get into all the books and crannies. Trouble is that they like to climb on the coraline algae of my overflow column (tank is standard pre-drilled reef ready) and then go through the overflow teeth where they eventually starve...
  7. S

Tang won't eat Nori

I have an awesome Yellow Eyed Kole Tang with great coloration. He ate mysis shrimp at the pet store and even eats some in my tank (although I wish he would eat more). He doesn't seem to eat the Nori I put in the tank. Anyone have this happen before? If so what did you do to get them to eat...
  8. S

TDS Meter Calibration Solution

Anyone know of some places locally that sell TDS meter calibration solution? I only need one pack and really don't feel like paying more for shipping than the price of the item.
  9. S

Wavemaker Benefits?

So I am looking at wavemakers but wanted to ask those of you that have them what benefits you have witnessed after installing them on tanks that only had powerheads previously? If it just looks cool I think I would rather just continue using powerheads and spend my money on something else.
  10. S

Jebao DP-4 dosing pump - Anyone have one?

So does anyone have one of these Jebao DP-4 dosing pumps? If so, what do you think about it? Since you usually get what you pay for I am skeptical but I have seen some positive reviews.
  11. S

Best Macroalgae To Remove Phosphates

So I know a lot of people use cheato in their refugiums because it won't go sexual. However, I have heard that it isn't the most efficient macroalgae at removing phosphates. I just had a bout of hair algae spring up in my tank due to more than one factor. I am already in the process of...
  12. S

Black Egg Crate Locally?

Anyone know of a place that sells black egg crate in the metroplex (preferably mid cities or north suburbs)? I know BRS sells it but trying to find it local (and cheaper since shipping increases it 70%). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. S

LFS that sells Trochus Snails?

Any LFS especially in north suburbs that sells Trochus snails? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. S

LPS Too Little Light Symptoms

Would think this info would be easier to find but maybe I am just not putting in good enough search criteria. What are some of the symptoms that an LPS coral is not getting enough light? I am trying to dial in my LEDs (Radions) and having a heck of a time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. S

Anyone With Radion 120-degree TIR lens?

So looking to see if anyone replaced their 80-degree TIR lenses with the 120-degree TIR lenses on their Radions? Wanted to see what you thought of the results? Please include the dimensions of your tank and what kind of coral you are keeping. Also if you have the light intensity before vs...
  16. S

LED Floodlight In Refugium To Grow Frags?

So I need to replace the home depot daylight CF bulb I use for my cheato because it has switch spectrums and I am seeing some microalgae growth and the cheato growth has slowed a bit. So I am looking to replace it with a PAR30 or PAR38 daylight LED. Home Depot had some so I picked up one of...
  17. S

Use This For ATO Reservoir?

So I am about to get an ATO and thinking about what I want to use for a reservoir. I was at Target and saw this plastic container that holds the amount of water I would like and has great dimensions for the area I am looking to place it. The container is plastic (Rubbermaid type material) but...
  18. S

Dosing Iodine in LPS tank With some Zoas?

So with this tank, I decided I wanted the tank to be mostly LPS with maybe 15-25% made up of zoas. I have had some zoas in my tank that just are not reproducing. They are radioactive dragon eyes which in my last tank was a fast grower under all lights I had over the years on it (PC, MH, T5)...
  19. S

Coralvue Smart ATO Owners Out There?

I am looking to add an ATO to my system and have started doing my research. I have come across the Coralvue Smart ATO in my search and wanted to ask those who have one currently installed to manage water levels in their sump to chime in. I have read conflicting reports on what happens during a...
  20. S

Ecotech Radion Gen 2 Too bright?

I was wondering what other's experiences were with the Ecotech Radion Gen 2 LED modules. I have been running mine with coral under them for about 3-4 months now (since the last frag swap). I have not found much growth with these lights and wanted to know a couple things. 1. I have some...