Best Macroalgae To Remove Phosphates

So I know a lot of people use cheato in their refugiums because it won't go sexual. However, I have heard that it isn't the most efficient macroalgae at removing phosphates. I just had a bout of hair algae spring up in my tank due to more than one factor. I am already in the process of correcting those issuesand want to get he fuge back up and running full steam again. So I am looking for suggestions on the macroalgae that is the most efficient in consuming phosphates so that hair algae doesn't get it. I have no problem running lights 24/7 if need be to stop something from going sexual.

No macro algae will pull out phosphates as quickly as it amasses in the tank. So you can either use GFO or Phosphate Rx to remove them.

Actually just did the Phosphate RX on Monday night after watching your video on the subject Marc. Used that as a quick fix to remove all the phosphates so the hair algae would weaken like you suggested. Also did a 36 hour lights out period so my lights were not on Monday and only half a day on Tuesday (which I turned on so I could see the hair algae to start picking it out). The Hair Algae showed up thanks to a perfect storm of stuff. My cleaning crew was way down, my cheato had shriveled to nothing under a 60 watt equivilant 5100K bulb, and my GFO had expired. So I am trying to right the ship by getting all of those elements back up to speed and want to make sure I have the most efficient macroalgae available. New cleaning crew is now in, GFO had been replaced a couple weeks ago, so now on to the refugium.

You'd need a massive refugium - more like a lagoon like pool to have it be the cure to PO4 levels. Mangroves would be nice. But feather caulerpa or cheatomorpha are the standard algaes we tend to use.

Thanks, just to be clear I am not looking for my refugium to pull out all the phosphates. I know that is not possible. I also have GFO running. Just looking for the most efficient macro algae. Probably need to get a more expensive test kit than API as well because mine always read 0. Yes I know that is because the hair algae (and film, etc.) was consuming it but I must have at one time had greater than zero free in the water for the plague to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk