Search results

1. A

Help in removing Kenya Tree infestation!

So I have decided to address my Kenya tree problem. I’m thinking of removing a few rocks at a time, scrapping of the tree and attempting to preserve the other coral growing on the rock. Any experience or tips to get this done?
  2. A

Cheato for sale

$15 for qt size $25 for 1 gallon Text (six eight two) -710 -1057
  3. A

Large Kenya Tree

$50 or trade for this large healthy coral. 
  4. A

What are these white tubes?!

I have these on my equipment in my sump. They seem to be some sort of worm that has calcium tube deposit. They are a pain to clean off. 
  5. A

Smart WIFI 8 Channel Controller

I have a few of these assembled and ready to go. The retail price is set to 89.99 but I am listing them here for $70. This is a new product design that I have been using for several months. THis is a quick and easy way to have a smart system installed on your tank.Please send a PM or post if you...
  6. A

Large Sump $200

Had to change to a smaller sump so the original is for sale. Used this for several years with no problems. I used the exact same layout on the new sump. This sump has sign of normal wear as indicated in the picture. Could use some additional cleaning, and scratches are less visible once...
  7. A

Good Worm or BAD Worm

Is this a good guy or a bad guy??
  8. A

you gotta be kiddin me!

yesterday on my way out to work i noticed my anemone was approaching my vortex pump so i turned of the pump in order to avoid getting sucking into it for the SECOND time. When i came back this is what I saw...
  9. A

Pump and pipe cleaning

What does one soak their equipment in to clean? I can't remember the soln.
  10. A

Metal Halide Lighting

What is the difference between an electronic, magnetic, HQI, and EYE ballast. What are the pros and cons?
  11. A

Suggestions...tank issues

I was out of the country for several months and i just returned home a few days ago. I desided to do a large water change and cleanout all the filters. I know better than this but i guess i wasnt thinking. Doing this caused my tank parameters to be out of wack. I dont have much in the tank but...
  12. A

vortech pump

Does anyone know where i can buy one locally?
  13. A

Trimming Fuge

What are the do's and dont's when trimming a fuge? I have all sorts of plants in there and its about to overflow out of my 29g tank. The zip lock bag that serk gave me as really taken off. I'll try and get a picture tonight.
  14. A

Need info on Internal Bacterial Infections

I lost a coral beauty last week and a yellow tang yesterday and now my sailfin is hardly eating and hiding alot. Water par. are good and no signs of ich or whites spots on body or fin. The fish appears sluggish and hides. I have a Q. tank set up but dont know what really needs to be done.
  15. A

Sick Fish HELP!!

Yesterday everything seemed fine today i looked at my coral beauty and noticed that it was a bit more shy than normal and was not eatin. Also the mouth of the fish appeared inflamed and white. I just did a water change and all my levels are good. Not sure was is causing this. I have had the...
  16. A

Bad Tang

I have a medium size yellow tang that is killing all my peppermint shrimp that i got to liberate my tank of aiptasia. Is this normal for a small tang to do this or am i under fedding or something. I just never that this would be a problem.
  17. A

shrooms

whats the best way to attach loose shrooms and a kenya tree to rock?
  18. A

New 125 tank

This is where ALL my money has gone to for the past 4 months and counting!
  19. A

Dying Rock

I just set up my 125g tank, with about 150lb of live rock from an old tank. Alot of the coralline is dying off. The final product of the cycle , nitrite, is still present. Is there anything i can do in order to ensure that the rock does not become complete void of color?? And once the cycle...
  20. A

Live Rock

I’m on the verge of ordering several lbs of LR for my new tank. I would like to know who to stay away from and who is recommend, for there are several online vendors to pick from. They all say that they are the best!! Also include what type of rock was ordered…and if you have pics, that would be...