Recent content by SharkSnack

1. S

Tank Stand for 250g for Sale

Lowered to $100.
  2. S

Tank Stand for 250g for Sale

I have a tank stand from a 250g salt water setup for sale. It a dark cherry color, and has 3 cabinet doors. I just replaced the hinges on all the doors. It has 2 cutouts for the overflows to the sump. I do have the matching canopy as well with a metal halide housing attached. That can be removed...
  3. S

Freshwater

IS there a Forum area that I can post freshwater items to?   I have a plant that is growing like crazy on me and need to get rid of some.
  4. S

Aquatic Connection

Anyone have any experiance they can share with this online retailer in livestock? I am very interested in purchasing a fish from them, but I am a bit concerned that the picture they have posted for the fish I want is correct, but the scientific name and description is for a similar/related fish...
  5. S

Purple Lobster

I have a Purple Lobster in my reef tank and I believe he is getting some of my fish a night. Anyone have any idea how to catch him for removal without tearing up my whole tank? He hides behind a ton of live rock that is all but impossible to move without up-ending the whole setup. I added a...
  6. S

Tomini (Flame Fin) Tang with Blotches

I just added this Tomini Tang last Tuesday to my 120g tank. My Purple Tang picked on it pretty good the first night and messed up it's fins. But, until today, he has been doing fine and eating/grazing. Today, I noticed he has gotten blotches all over his body and fins. Anyone have an idea of...
  7. S

Power has been restored!

Anyone know how long my tanks can go with no power? We lost our power last night around 4:30am and it is not back on yet. I am not sure if/when I need to run out and try to find a generator.
  8. S

Old Salt

I was given a couple of bags of salt a month ago that were opened and half used. The salt inside is pretty hard and clumped together. They tols me that salt does not go "bad". Is this true? I recently purchased a new RO/DI unit and need to mix some salt for a water change. Anyone know if I...
  9. S

Help - Parasites in my tank?

I am trying to figure out what has been going on with me 55g FOWLR tank. I have lost ALL my fish that have been in the tank. This includes my Koran Angel (here is my post from that problem: http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=28857), my Scribbled Rabbitfish, and now my S&S Puffer). I...
  10. S

Koran Angel Sick?

I have a fairly new Koran Angel (approx. 4") that has been doing fine in my tank. She has been eating well....... until today. Her one eye is a bit cloudy, she is breathing rather fast, and her mouth is open constantly. It looks like she can't close her mouth. She is swimming along fine...
  11. S

Kenya Tree Frag

I picked up a small Kenya Tree frag this weekend after seeing one in another tank. But, it came attached to the side of a small thin rock (the size of a nickle). I would like to remove it from the rock and attach it to another rock in my tank. Anyone know a good way to remove it from the rock...
  12. S

Attaching a Zenia Frag

What is the best way to attach a Pom-Pom Zenia frag to a rock? I recently received a nice little frag and atached it to my rock with a toothpick. But, I found that the frag attached to the toothpick as well as the rock. It was doing pretty well. But, when I attepted to remove the toothpick...
  13. S

Small Sump/Refugium

I have recently obtained a 55g tank that was previously used for freshwater. I would like to use it for a saltwater fish only (with live rock) tank. The issue I have is that the stand we bought for it does not have much room underneath for a filtration system. The area in the cabinents (two...