Power has been restored!

SharkSnack

Premium Member
Anyone know how long my tanks can go with no power? We lost our power last night around 4:30am and it is not back on yet. I am not sure if/when I need to run out and try to find a generator.

I would get a battery powered air pump just to keep some air in the tank and some water circulation. I am down the road and have one but i want be home until 4-5pm. I know petsmart sells one that is pretty cheap.
If it looks like it's going to be out more then today i would be looking for a generator.

i would get some air in there for sure. Generator is great but the ghetto way is a 400w power inverter hooked up to your running car just do not use it on heaters or mh lights. ( use the power inverter that hooks up to battery not to your cig lighter

you need to get flow asap...academy has battery operated pumps used to keep live bait alive for fishing

@casey wrote:
i would get some air in there for sure. Generator is great but the ghetto way is a 400w power inverter hooked up to your running car just do not use it on heaters or mh lights. ( use the power inverter that hooks up to battery not to your cig lighter said:
our power went off @ 3:00am and was out until about 9:00pm. we kinda resorted to the ghetto way. we took the battery out of my show car and set it on the window sill behind my tank and hooked up a power inverter and powered only the powerheads and pumps. it lasted until the power came back on 18 hours later!!!