Kenya Tree Frag

SharkSnack

Premium Member
I picked up a small Kenya Tree frag this weekend after seeing one in another tank. But, it came attached to the side of a small thin rock (the size of a nickle). I would like to remove it from the rock and attach it to another rock in my tank. Anyone know a good way to remove it from the rock it is currently on? Can the base of the coral be cut like a Xenia? Any ideas on how to attach it to another rock (super glue/toothpick/rubberband)? I have attached a xenia to a rock before with a toothpick through the bottom of the base, and into a hole in the rock. But, I am not sure the Kenya Tree will react well to that. Any ideas out there?

Thanks,
Frank

@jeff wrote:
I would recommend just supergluing the small rock its currently attached to onto a bigger rock wherever you want it. said:
i second that. after a while when the tree grows, you won't even see the small rock anymore

SuperGlue won't hurt the tissue... As we all learned at NextWave... :D

I had to use S.G. Gel in order to attach the xenia frags I bought. The toothpick was tearing right through their tissue where I wanted to mount them. They are both happy and healthy. And growing quite well...

The real trick, again as we learned at NextWave, limited contact with the coral. Wash and wash your hands... Buy specific rubber gloves just for use in the tank. Chemicals and oils from our skin do more damage to corals...