Recent content by opus18

1. O

sun coral vs. coraline

Is there an easy way to get coraline algae off of a sun coral? Mine has become so encrusted that the polyps are starting to have issues emerging.
  2. O

Curved Glass Cleaning

I see all sorts of great ways to keep standard flat tanks clean and clear, but is there a tool to do the same with curved glass? I have a 46G bow-front that is a pain to clean... Weekly scraping with 1/2 of a magnetic scraper (inside part has blades) is a royal pain. The magnets were just too...
  3. O

ich and the new guy in town...

Ok... just for the record... I've never seen this stuff before, but can only presume by descriptions that others have provided, that my new 6-line wrasse has the very beginning of it. Bad part, I've never had a QT tank... :oops: We bought our last fish for our tank on Saturday, acclimated...
  4. O

Time for a change?

I know that you should change your light bulbs after a certain amount of time, but heave yet to locate any answer as to when that time is... I have a coralife dual 96W (with the moonlights) that I bought in July... Lights are running 12h/day. I'm just seeing that my tank really isn't as "bright"...
  5. O

RBTA Education... A continuing Saga...

While looking through posts on caring from ones RBTA, as mine was just not, well, happy... I went out and decided to "GOOGLE!" Things I learned in my search... 1) No one REALLY knows why anemones do what they do. 2) My RBTA wasn't happy, but had nothing to do with Water Params, Temp...
  6. O

Should be a quick answer... just haven't found it myself.

I built one of the DIY top-off kits and absolutely love it. Works perfectly. My only issue is my source "jug". I have a 5-gallon jug I get refilled and tapped the vent cap port (for lack of better terms) to accommodate some air tubing to pull the water out. I'm looking for some of that...
  7. O

Sea hare gone where???

I purchased a sea hare on the advice that it would take care of hair algae... which it did, except for one spot... Then it simply up and disappeared... I've pulled almost all my LR looking for it... No sign of it. Water params are good... I've been getting my trates down with water changes and a...
  8. O

Need an ID assist on this...

I've posted these on another forum hoping for help... Will take the help where I can get it... :) My chromis and I thank you in advance.
  9. O

If there is already an anwer... Please refer me there...

First off... Hey! I'm exceedingly new to the art of SW... Though had FW tanks for years. What I have thus far: Equipment: 46G Bowfront Dual 100w heaters Pro-Clear Wet/Dry Pro-Clear Skimmer Return Sump SEIO M620 Powerhead Currently, stock lights, but will be receiving my Coralife Lunar...