Time for a change?

I know that you should change your light bulbs after a certain amount of time, but heave yet to locate any answer as to when that time is... I have a coralife dual 96W (with the moonlights) that I bought in July... Lights are running 12h/day. I'm just seeing that my tank really isn't as "bright" as it once was. Change at 6 months? at 9 months? change annually?

thanks in advance for the advice...

- W

I change my 96w pc every year. They seem to be not as intense as when I first got it. Big difference when I put the new one on.
A to T Lamps have them for pretty cheap.

Just FYI, some recommend replacing PC lights even sooner, more in the 6 month range... PC's tend to drop intensity pretty quickly with usage...

Brian,
I think you are right about that. Six to eight months is better but I'm too cheap. I use it as part of my actnics.
If it was my main lights then I would probably pay more attention.

I've both the actinics and the 10K... Should I just swap out the 10K and keep it on a bi-annual schedule and the actinic on an annual?

I would change them both.
I have four pc actincs. I change two of them every 6 months. The other 2 I change out every year.

When I bought super cheap (on clearance) PC bulbs, they were really only good for 6 months. The expensive ones (name brand) lasted 12 months. So you have to figure out which is the better value.

I'm not one to skimp, especially on the tank... So only name-brand will be used... I'll be swapping the 10K bulb and see how things look...

I actually looked at the bulbs before heading to the store and saw that both had one tube that was dim... Replace both and Oh My Goodness! What a difference! 8)