Should be a quick answer... just haven't found it myself.

I built one of the DIY top-off kits and absolutely love it. Works perfectly. My only issue is my source "jug". I have a 5-gallon jug I get refilled and tapped the vent cap port (for lack of better terms) to accommodate some air tubing to pull the water out. I'm looking for some of that non-flexible plastic tubing that used to be part of the underground filter systems for FW tanks. About a 1.5' length so I could simply connect it to the tube, and insert into the vent hole. My short term fix was to attach some marbles to the end of the tubing once it was in the jug. Cannot pull it out, or I have to re-attach the marbles (flat decorative, in case you're trying to figure out how I managed to do that with regular round marbles.) :lol:

One of the front tanks at EA has this tube and I keep forgetting to ask when I go in. I looked on fish.com and marinedepot.com... Cannot find the item, let alone a good descriptor for it.

Thanks in advance.

- W

I've picked some up at Plano Pets, and other stores...

It's generally referred to as "Rigid Airline Rubing" and comes in many diameters, from 1/4" (Fits regular airlines) on up to the size used for undergravel filter air-lift tubes...

At least... I think that's what you're referring to... :wink:

You can buy that locally at Petorama (one of our sponsors) or Petco/Petsmart.

Petco didn't have it... And didn't feel like traversing the mall area... :)

Plano Pets had just what I was looking for...

And I had to chuckle as this was my wife's first trip to this store... After we left, we both had the same feelings about the location. We primarily shop at EA... I've bought a few things at DNA, but my home store is EA. We talked about how the appearance of the livestock, presentation, appearance of health, etc, could either embrace someone desire to enter this "lifestyle" (no longer a hobby), or cause them to think... Maybe guppies and tetras are the way to go. The salesperson I spoke with said that they have many life-long customers from this group, kinda trying to sway me into coming back for more than tubing. I just really didn't see the care for the fish (marine) or other critters (marine) that I see at EA, or even DNA. We even stopped in Aquatic Designs for the first time. Very clean store, but very cramped and many fish displays were up so high that neither my wife or I could see what was what. Yes, we're vertically challenged. Very friendly staff though.

I'm just glad that the first store we walked into, back in May was Exotic Aquatics. VERY clean. Open displays. Well lit. Easy to see everything in every tank.

I've not yet been to any other locations than the ones mentioned above... Well, Petland in Frisco, but that was when we were just looking at tanks.

So I don't mean to "blast" any store if that's how it gets perceived. Just stating it from the perspective of someone new to this, and the view from the new customer.