RBTA Education... A continuing Saga...

While looking through posts on caring from ones RBTA, as mine was just not, well, happy... I went out and decided to "GOOGLE!"

Things I learned in my search...

1) No one REALLY knows why anemones do what they do.
2) My RBTA wasn't happy, but had nothing to do with Water Params, Temp, over-loving from my Percs...
3) 1/2 of a silverside was actually too much food at one time (its a small RBTA), hence my observance of it spitting out the fish (after cleaning off the outside of it.)
4) 1/4 inch of silversides is JUST what it wants
5) Feeding will be every 7 days, unless the tentacles start getting stringy and sweeping, as this is a good indicator that it is hungry. Big and plump (or bubbled) is a happy and content little critter.
6) I will continue to read what other experience and if it doesn't apply to my anemone, I will read the next post until one fits my situation.
7) See #1

- W

A third? :lol:

JK... I have a lovely pair of black percs (Boris and Natasha) who just love their 'nemone... Hence the "over-loving" in line 2... :)

Take a look at this series of articles from Karen's site (refer to the left column of links):

http://www.freewebs.com/karenssaltwater/

Great reads! So... Karen will be the exception to #1... :D

Mine just found a nice little cave in a rock and ducked inside. It was barely visible all day yesterday. Today it popped out and my two clowns were never so happy to see it...