Recent content by nvillacci

1. N

Beware the clam....

I have a 4 year old clam that decided to spawn while I was at work weds.... I have lost every single piece of SPS in my tank, well some montiporas made it. Also lost most of my snails, a blonde naso, the killer clam is still hanging on though.... I am now running carbon and did a 30% water...
  2. N

Trochus Snails breeding in my tank - and surviving!

Im not really up to date on snails and which breed in captivity. I was looking at my sum at 11:20 pm tonight and saw something on the glass. I thought it was one of them guys that if you pick them up they lose thier shells (yuck). It wasnt, it was a baby trochus snail! These guys are cool in...
  3. N

Heck of a find at the Dallas North Used pile..

I went in to Dallas North Aquarium to talk to them about stocking my companies Fish and Coral food (a story by itself) during my lunch hour last thursday. Now Ill be the first to admit that I am a penny pincher, its probably saved my wife and myself alot of money though. In any case I was...
  4. N

Had my Coral- Fish food analyzed...

Slowly getting the business off the ground, working on website design and packaging atm. Heres a detailed analysis of the food for you to compare to any others you all use. Coral & Fish Food Crude Protein (min.) 30% Crude Fat (min.) 15% Crude Fiber (max.) .5% Moisture (min.) 40% Im proud...
  5. N

pump stopped pumping last nite...

I would have never noticed, but my panworld pump was stuck last nite. Luckily the wife noticed a louder then normal humming and told me to look. Pump was on but not pumping water. So being the scientific person I am I made sure nothing was stuck in the intake in my sump, nada... Unplugged...
  6. N

It can be done - Yellow banded Pipefish in 90 gall SPS tank

Ive had my pair of pipefish for over a month now in my high ligth flow sps tank. I think they are doing well, picking off the rock (no mandarins or anything for competition). They seem to eat my frozen food when i remember to feed it. I dont target feed them and they seem to be fine with...
  7. N

Anyone ever used Acrylic rods for aquascaping Rock?

Basically I got some solid 3/4" acrylic Rod and cut it up. Took a 3/4" masonry bit and drilled into the live rock, amid some punctures in my fingers I think I got the rockwork much better then normal when you stack it. Tank is cloudy at the moment, but I hope it looks good, no piles of rock...
  8. N

WTB Acrylic Glue

Where to buy Acrylic glue locally, HD and Lowes struck out. I just need a bit, my protien skimmer needs to be glued together again, one part fell off. Can anyone help me, or would anyone be willing to glue it for me? Nick
  9. N

Bad Relay in Chiller and HVAC people out there?

Well this chiller needs a new relay, its a 1/4 horsepower that I am going to use for my 90. Compressor seems fine, I plug it in and it turns on for about a minute. Then it goes off and I can hear the relay clicking off and on, also I think I need a new fan, it doesnt move at all. I think I...
  10. N

Need suggestions for best external pump for 90 gallon

Its going to be an SPS prevalent tank. I have heard tons of good things about GRI, but man are they hard to find used :) Does anyone else have a good referral for a particular brand? Im looking for quietness and reliability. The GRI can run dry for 12 hours which is so cool, does any other...
  11. N

New Member (hehe)

Hi my name is Nick and Im new to the hobby, Setting up a 90 gallon tank soon, just saying hi!
  12. N

Give it to me!  how did my reef-food perform?! - It's been almost a week, let me know!

[I handed out the food last saturday. Im interested in knowing how the food performed in the 9 people who were able to get some from me. Did it fit your needs, why or why not? Did your fish eat it, why or why not? Corals react to it? Was it easy enough to use? What would you have added or...
  13. N

50 nassarius snails for $15 - Looking to split a shipment of 100

[Anyone interested, theres a person selling 100 for $30 including priority shipping. I dont need 100 but could use 50. If interested let me know, I can order you can pick up from my place in Irving. THanks Nick]