Need suggestions for best external pump for 90 gallon

Its going to be an SPS prevalent tank. I have heard tons of good things about GRI, but man are they hard to find used :)

Does anyone else have a good referral for a particular brand? Im looking for quietness and reliability. The GRI can run dry for 12 hours which is so cool, does any other brand out there get such good results?

Thanks, all I have ever used is Mag drives but lord they heat the water up.

Nick - trying to do his 90 gallon the right way and not the "Im in school on a budget" way.

While I know you want to keep SPS, all you need a is a pump to push water up from the sump, and I recommend 3 to 5 times the volume of the tank. So any pump that can push 450gph at 4' head should be just fine.

I don't know why you'd need a pump that can run without water for 12 hours. For $20 to $30, you can set up a nice auto top off device and not worry a bit about that ever happening.

GRis are awesome. That's why no one ever sells one. I'm pretty hooked on the Iwaki's also but they are not the most quiet so since that was a criteria I'll throw that out.

I've heard good things about the blue line pumps (like a 40HD would probably work good) but have never used so I can't personally comment.