Recent content by nobody

1. N

Looking for Chaetomorpha or Feather Caulerpa

In Mansfield, Arlington or Plano areas. Will pay the usual going rate for them.Thanks!
  2. N

How to quickly find all new/unread posts?

The old forum has a "new posts" link where I can click it and see all new/unread posts. It also has "mark all forums read" link. I cannot seem to find the same functionality here. Am I missing something obvious or is there a different way to do the same here?Thanks,Khoa
  3. N

Naso tang not eating

The fish is about 6". I got it at the end of May. Spent about a month in quarantine, and did really well there. Ate like a pig, but only nori sheet. I added 3 yellow tangs about 2 weeks ago and the Naso suddenly won't eat anything. The Yellow tangs are all 1/2 its size and there are no fighting...
  4. N

What kind of snail is this?

I have no idea where this snail come from, but it looks interesting. Anybody knows what this is? IMG_1446.JPG IMG_1446.JPG
  5. N

Fighting cyano

I'm losing the battle of getting rid of cynao and can use a bit of help from the experts! I've dosed Chemiclean twice, two weeks apart and 50% of water change after each time. Cyano would clear up for a few days then come back with a vengeance. Yesterday, I treated the tank with Cyano solution...
  6. N

Need help with possible SPS bugs

Two of my month old SPS frags bleached from the base up this week! Looking closely at the tank, I see many small crustaceans, but they don't look like the dreaded red bugs or AEFW. Anyone knows what these guys might be? I don't see them on the healthy SPS (yet). Crawling on the bare SPS...
  7. N

Another discussion on Ich

Yes, I've re-read on the Ich topics many times over and I'm restarting the topic and looking for some advice and opinions! Back in August, I had a total tank crash (all the pumps died while I was out on vacation). Everything died! After several rounds of bleach, the tank was cycled for 6 weeks...
  8. N

Total crash

I went on a 7-day cruise and came back to a total tank crash [smilie=crying.gif] All of my fish and coral are gone!!! I think there was a storm in the Grand Prairie area that knocked power out for a few hours. When power came back, it managed to trip the circuit breaker that feeds the main...
  9. N

Feeding Lyretail Anthias

I have 6 Lyretail Anthias that have been in my 210 for about 5 months now. However, I can't seem to fatten them up. All other fish (Power Blue, Flame Angel, 7 Green Chromis, 2 False Perc) are all fat and happy. I feed once a day, 2 cubes of various mix (Angel and Butterfly food, H2O fish reef #1...
  10. N

Khoa's 210 AGA build log

It started as a 120 AGA tank move. Then as the 120 sit in the house dry, waiting to be plumbed, DeMarcus (DeMarcusR) posted his 210 tank for sale/trade. After some hesitation (I wanted 250+ starfire), I decided the price is right and contacted DeMarcus, didn't think he'll do the trade though...
  11. N

Need a recommendation on LED

I want to replace my 250 MH with LED equivalent. I know some folks here have done a switch and would like to hear your opinions, please. The tank is 72" W x 24" D x 26" H. I prefer 3 separate LED fixtures over the 3 openings so that I can gradually switch them over because I want to evaluate one...
  12. N

Looking for Scott Comstock contact info

I need to have a wood facade built for my steel stand. Does anyone have Scott's or his company contact info? Thanks,
  13. N

120 AGA tank move

Well, we moved out of the house almost a month ago and I finally moved my live stock into a holding tank. I had a floor drain put into my "closet" which is used as a fish room. The room is 4'x5', so space is tight, but this is the only logical place to setup. Here's what the fish room looks...
  14. N

Powder Blue tang is restless

I bought a large Powder Blue tang (6"+) from LiveAquaria over a week ago. The fish is big, fat, and healthy, but will NOT eat. He as relatively calm until yesterday when I had to move some rocks to clean up algae issues. I left the lights off all days yesterday. The fish has been restless in...
  15. N

Serious tank crash

I've been fighting GHA for quite sometimes with little success. So, two weekends ago, I decided to do something drastic. I took all the rock out, scrubbed each of them with a brand new nylon brush. I used tank water and the Rubbermaid container that I always use to change water to scrub the...