Recent content by nano-newbie

1. N

CPR HOB refugium- small

Comes with stock pump and a light. Grows chaeto very well. Can also come with some chaeto if you like. $120. Waxahachie.
  2. N

lots of stuff to sell

interested in liverock. pm sent.
  3. N

65+lbs of Live Rock + Black Storm Clownfish

I’d like to get this liverock from you if still available. It’s just the amount I’m looking for.
  4. N

Free assassin snails- found a new home

I have around 10-15 freshwater assassin snails free to good home. Great for controlling pest snails. Pickup in Waxahachie or Midlothian. No holds, first come first serve. Want them to all go together.
  5. N

Need live brine ASAP

I ran out of my normal brine shrimp eggs and my backup eggs are not hatching (I ordered these off amazon but they had good reviews). I am needing live brine immediately. I have some copepods but not much. Does anyone happen to have any live brine I could purchase from you or know where I could...
  6. N

Looking to rehome a discus

Anyone keeping discus? I have a 4 or 5" turquoise red I would like to rehome. I'm not looking to make any money, but would like it to go to someone already keeping discus, so it can be part of a group and receive the proper care. I've had this fish for several years, used to have a group of them...
  7. N

Adding a BTA

I am supposed to be getting a new bubble tip anemone this weekend (my first). How do you add these to an established reef? I have read they like to move around until they find a spot they like. But when they do this, don't they harm other corals in the process? How do you prevent this from...
  8. N

Great article

Here is a great article from coral magazine on the maxi mini carpets. Thought I'd share in case some of you hadn't seen it. http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/content/mini-carpets-perfect-small-sea-anemones
  9. N

lighting question

How does 2 18 watt t5 bulbs compare to 2 40 watt pc bulbs? Because don't the t5 actually put out more light per watt then power compacts or how does that work? I see it says t5 high output has nearly double the output per lumen. Does that mean it would really put out around 70 watts?
  10. N

how to remeove silicone from glass?

I got an aquarium from someone who had siliconed the sides of it. I am trying to remove it. I scraped it off with a razor blade, but its not a clean scrape. There is still a film of silicone that I cannot get off. Is there something I can use to get it off? Something that would not harm fish...
  11. N

captive bred seahorses

I used to have a group of dwarf seahorses for about a year. I gave them up when I was hospitalized during pregnancy because I knew no one in my family would cultivate BBS for them every day. I have read claims on different websites that captive bred seahorses (not dwarf seahorses) and pipefish...
  12. N

how to place new clam

I got a small maxima clam this weekend and I have tried to set him up on the upper half of my rockwork, but he keeps tilting over or rolling down. How to I put him to where he will stay in one place?
  13. N

sexy shrimp eating my acans

I got a trio fo sexy shrimp a couple weeks ago. I noticed a few days ago that a head was missing off my acan frag. I wasn't sure what was going on. Now, I am just watching one of my sexy shrimp working on another head on the same frag. He's just picking it off an eating it! I've had this acan...
  14. N

my first SPS

I recently upgraded to metal halide lighting and am wanting to start dabbling in SPS. I acquired a birdsnest frag last week and it is doing really well- polyps are fully extended, good color, and pale on the very tips showing new growth. I am wanting to add a few more frags but don't know which...
  15. N

Unknown zoa , can some id

Don't know what they are called, but I have some in my tank that I got from Neptunes Cove a while back, so maybe someone from there would know what they are. Or have you tried zoaid.com?