sexy shrimp eating my acans

I got a trio fo sexy shrimp a couple weeks ago. I noticed a few days ago that a head was missing off my acan frag. I wasn't sure what was going on. Now, I am just watching one of my sexy shrimp working on another head on the same frag. He's just picking it off an eating it! I've had this acan frag for the last five months or so and its been perfectly healthy. I also have other acans that are healthy and all my other corals are great. Nothing is off with water parameters. I did a search on these guys and found out that they can be problematic, taking to eating zoas.
Has anyone else on this forum ever had this problem with them?

@nano-newbie wrote:
I don't have another tank :sad: said:
Sexy shrimp should find a new home, quickly. My rabbitfish ate acans as well. I guess our inhabitants like the more expensive corals in our tanks :)

Sorry to hear. I have 2 sexy shrimp that have never caused any problems. Have you thought about just removing the one or are they all doing it?

Well it may just be the one. I will do that if I see it anymore. I have been keeping a close eye and trying to feed them better. I had just been letting them find pieces of food on LR when I feed the fish, but I think maybe they need to be target fed because I don't think they are finding enoough food with the large cleaner shrimp I have.

Well it may just be the one. I will do that if I see it anymore. I have been keeping a close eye and trying to feed them better. I had just been letting them find pieces of food on LR when I feed the fish, but I think maybe they need to be target fed because I don't think they are finding enoough food with the large cleaner shrimp I have.
How do you feed yours, what are their tankmates?
BTW, is that your clown in your avatar? I have one that looks just like him. He was bred from a black clown with an orange clown.

As for feeding I don't do anything special for them just the normal routine of 1/2 a cube of whatever I'm feeding for the day but I don't target feed them. Their tank mates as far as inverts there's a large cleaner shrimp, pom pom crab, 1 scarlet red hermit, pocelean crab and the normal turbos astreas and nassarius snails.

Yes that's my clown he's just a normal occelaris clown just the angle makes him look a little darker I also have a cherub pygmy angel and a sailfin blenny.

More than likely it's just one doing the damage so I would keep a real close eye one them.