captive bred seahorses

I used to have a group of dwarf seahorses for about a year. I gave them up when I was hospitalized during pregnancy because I knew no one in my family would cultivate BBS for them every day.
I have read claims on different websites that captive bred seahorses (not dwarf seahorses) and pipefish eat frozen foods and are okay being fed just this. Is this true? I would be interested in adding some type of seahorse or pipefish to my tank, but I never want to be stuck having to cultivate food again. I couldn't even go on vacation when I had those dwarfs and it because a real hassle after a while.

Yes it is true. I have Reidi and Fuctus that eat frozen mysis with no problems. I got mine from seahorsesource.com. The dwarfs are the only sea horses that will not learn to eat frozen...

Even Wild caught seahorses (not dwarfs) can be trained to eat frozen.

Aren't pipefish stronger swimmers than seahorses? It is hard to find CB pipefish though. I know the dwarf pipefish have been bred in captivity but I don't know about the others.

@nano-newbie wrote:
I have read claims on different websites that captive bred seahorses (not dwarf seahorses) and pipefish eat frozen foods and are okay being fed just this. said:
The ora seahorses eat frozen mysis and are captive bred

Thanks. I have been researching them and I think the flow in my tank may be too much for them. I remember when I had dwarfs I had to have a very low flow, and I was always battling cyano. I was hoping to get one, but I don't think its a good fit for my setup.

Hi Nano

They can take some current just not so much that you blow them out of the water. Lots of us keep them in reef tanks. My SH's loved to play in the current. I have a SCWD with a mag 5 on my 46gBF & it has plenty of flow.
Here is a link to the SCWD.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?category=SCWD_Wavemaker___Switching_Current_Water_Director_(Squid)_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Wavemakers_External&vendor=3IQ_Ventures&SearchStr=scwd&action=view&idProduct=3Q1111&idCategory=FIWMEW

Here are a few pictures of my 46BF.