Recent content by extinguishfire

1. E

Apex out

I just got back from vacation and it appears that in the thunderstorm on Monday my apex base unit got zapped. I am in need of a backup apex base unit to borrow please.
  2. E

Matt's Raffle win rimless 120 tank build thread.

Haha Congrats Matt. I figured someone needs to get ya started on a tank build thread. Hope this build thread goes better than your last build thread.
  3. E

Best 20k bulb 250w.

What is the best 20k bulb 250watt wise with an ice cap ballast? Best as far as par goes.
  4. E

Will this work or do u have a better idea?

I got mine at Regal Plastics in Dallas. I think it is on LFS map on top right. You might be able to get it from a sign shop as well.
  5. E

Vinegar in tank.

So I have a 55 gal vat that I make my saltwater in. It is installed in my fish room in a corner next to the tank. It is not easy to take outside to clean so I just filled it with 55 gallons of water and 2 gallons of vinegar to try and clean it up some. I was just wondering when I dump that...
  6. E

My new leopard wrasse.

I have 5 leopard wrasses in my tank now. Meleagaris, potters, ornate, niger and kuiter. I have never seen or heard of this last one so I thought I would post a pic. alt="">
  7. E

Detritus building up in rocks. What does everyone do?

So I take a turkey baster occasionally and blow my rocks trying to get all the dust out. I am having a little issue with some raised phosphates and I think this could be one of the reasons. What does everyone do if anything to blast the rocks? I wonder how much an impact would have adding...
  8. E

Interesting revelation on Vortech Battery Backup

An article about the true test of the battery back up from Hurricane Ike. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1472426&perpage=25&pagenumber=1
  9. E

I keep getting request for photos of my rhyzos. And dendros

So here they are for all those that have been asking. I got a red one and a white one from Ultimatefrags.com. This is as I was putting them in my tank. alt=""> alt=""> And starting to settle. alt=""> Here is the red one in actinics. alt=""> Here are both of them at night fully inflated...
  10. E

Took some photos of Marinesnow's tank today.

Hope he doesn't mind me posting a few pics of his tank. It is super sweet and set up so well. That acan enchinata is huge and I can't believe somebody has a colony that big that was fragged before sold. It is probably 18 inches at it's longest point. The echino is sweet how it has two...
  11. E

Trying to save a coral I bought today.

I went to DNA today and saw a coral that struck my eye. It is super bright coloring but labeled on glass as slightly damaged. Well they said it has been there a couple of weeks and it had come shipped in with the damage starting. I thought I might have a chance ast it and that it was worth...
  12. E

Ever been scared while digging through your reef?

I was just messing with my tank and came across something that I didn't know exactly it was. I wanted to get it out but there are many things in the hobby that could be harmful. I wasn't sure about this but was getting it out one way or another. I think it might be a flatworm but not for...
  13. E

Finally a build thread for my 295 gallon. Pic intense.

Well my wife wanted to move closer to work. The 2.5 hours a day in the car was wearing on her. I said ok as long as I had a place to put a tank. Preferrably in the wall. Well with the unstable market and having a home for sale in a neighborhood with new homes still being built we finally...
  14. E

What is on my tang?

He is eating and acting normal but has something on his side. alt=""> alt="">
  15. E

Teaser pics of my 295 gallon tank. Build thread coming soon

Well I have been working on my 295 gallon tank and thought I would post a couple of pics. Will do a build thread when I have time. Still more work to be done to get it finished. alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt="">