Recent content by CodyHeitmiller

1. C

Clownfish exp needed

So I have 2 clownfish. The female is a percular. The male is a stubby ocellaris (named chubs;)) (Was told they are the same, and can breed together) anyway. The two clownfish are acting vary strange. Kinda like a married couple that constantly bicker. I can't tell if they are paired up or just...
  2. C

Coral ID?

I got this from a member. Was sold as a montipora, but I can't find it. Was told it was a bicolored montipora. But I think it might really be a chalice. Any takers? I've just never seen a fleshy montipora before. alt="">
  3. C

Lawnmower Blenny owners.

I was watching my Lawnmower Blenny today and realized that he/she always goes to the front of the glass (preferably in front of you) and takes care of its "business". Also he/she will bite my hand. Totally rude if you ask me, but is any of this normal, or does my fish hate me?
  4. C

Coral beauty with ick

So like it says, coral beauty with ick. It was in a qt tank for 3 weeks. Put it in my tank and it has ick now. The qt tank is not in my possession atm. Only tank I have is a 5g tank which is too small. I employed a cleaner shrimp which does hardly anything effective. And I can't use copper, and...
  5. C

Cloudy water and brown algae

This is from cycling right? And about how long will it last? Sorry, I haven't started up a new tank in so long. I kinda forgot about this stuff.
  6. C

jbj stock light question

Are the LED bulbs suppose to stay on when plugged in or do they just flash?
  7. C

Next challenge. Dwarf seahorse tank

So I'm down grading my reef. Wanting a dwarf seahorse tank. Someone at fish2marow said that you can get them to eat frozen, and a 14g cube would be a good size for a few. Or am I getting an ear full of what they want me to hear? Doing more and more research. But I like to hear multipul...
  8. C

Help with iodine dip

Fragged multipul corals. Any help with an iodine dip would be great. I have no idea on how to do this, or the steps and water/iodine amount. It's for sps, and leathers. Polyps as well. Using fluval iodine.
  9. C

Fluval Spec V Aquarium build

Any ideas on how to do scape? First real nano build. Any help and tips would be great
  10. C

Help with sps

Ok, so the owner to my lfs said my montiporas are browning out, but I thought that they were bleaching because there turning white......O.o Anyway I had LED lights but switched back to my t-5 fixture from wave point. It's HO 4 bulb fixture. Phos-0 Nitrate/trite-0 Mag-1400 Cal-400 Dkh-12 Ph-8.4...
  11. C

Help with pars

I have 2cree bars with 6 LEDs on each bulb. Each bulb is 3 Watts. I have no idea where to put it, my sps either browning or bleaching. Yet polyps fully extended, and water is optimul condition.
  12. C

Temp problem

So new rule in the house is the rooms stay at 76 degrees! Which makes my tank temp at 81.7. Does anyone have any idea what to do? I want a chiller but can only afford a used one or better said cheap one!
  13. C

Temp swings

So I have my temp set to 75, but I woke up yesterday and my temp was at 83.6 so I replaced my heater, it went down but is now back up to 78.3 can't afford a chiller. Any ideas?
  14. C

Frogspawn came off...

What would cause this? it was still kinda attached to the skeleton but all long and droopy. then a fish swam by it and part of it stuck to the fish and the rest kinda flew around.
  15. C

My first spa and lps frag

alright guys. So I was told to use wire cutters so here it goes. Hope I don't totally kill the entire coral. this is my first sps and lps frag so I hope all goes well.