Recent content by aggieMEDIC

1. A

tunze skimmer

i think i found a tunze skimmer for $100, not knowing much about them. which model should i be looking for to use on a 55-75 gallon tank (possibly 75 display and 55 sump) anyone have much experience with these? i think it is one of these skimmers http://tinyurl.com/277m2m
  2. A

hydroids how did i get them and how do i get rid of them?

Wha is the best way to get rid of hydroids? i have a few different kinds the feather duster kind and the digitate. i understand getting them has something to do with nitrates and i know they are bad for seahorses, but how do you get rid of them?
  3. A

ID Please

found this llittle guy when i turned a rock over. he is about 3/16 inch across and maybe just over 1/4 inch tall. he looks like a zoo crossed with an anemone. baby rock anemone? is he good or bad?
  4. A

funny looking clown

i found a clown at one of my lfs with an incomplete center stripe. is this a different species or just some biological glitch??? i really like him and i am thinking of getting him but it is it a diff species, will he pair with the ocellaris i have now??? thanks Rob
  5. A

water barrels

I have found a source for water barrels. wait for it................. homebrew stores (austin homebrew in my case) they use these barrels to brew beer in. check your local shops and ask if they sell them. austin homebrew sells the white and baby blue ones for 10 each. they have leftover...
  6. A

your water mixing/storage setup

ok i have been searching and cannot find what i am looking for. Someone posted on here a water storage/water mixing setup consisting of 2 drums pump in the middle. i want to say it was sitting on a pallet. so if anyone finds it or if it is yours could you post pics please? heck everybody...
  7. A

what kind of stone

If i go to a stone yard what kind of rock do i get, i thougt i heard limestone, but what kind? i have some lacerock that i had in my FW a while back that i was planning on seeding with LR can i use that and a mix of other rocks? if limestone, what kind of limestone? should i get this type of...
  8. A

what do i need?

I need a lot of stuff for my new setup. first is a return pump i was thinking a mag7 would be a good one to start with. not because i have a history with them or anything like that they just seem to be the name i keep hearing. I am looking for a skimmer. was thinking about the euro reef RS-80...
  9. A

stand material - anybody? anybody at all?

what kinda of wood should i build my stand out of? i think i remember reading somewhere thaqt i should not use your basic pine from home depot. if not what kind of place should i go to? remember i'm not in the dallas area, but i will be building it in houston at a buddy's woodshop
  10. A

is this lighting good?

looking through websites need to ask does this seem like a good lighting system for mostly softies and fish and possibly some birdsnest like corals and is it sufficent for clams? http://www.cadlights.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=66
  11. A

forget the sump, New stand ideas???

*****edited***** I took out all the pics of the old stand and sump ideas and making this a build log but it will be REALLY slow. ***** ok so i 86'ed the complicated sump idea and am just going with a new stand. see below
  12. A

need a maijet stream mod

i am not very handy when it come to some things. as well i have very unsure of things if i haven't seen them done. so for those reasons i was wondering if anyone would be willing to make the maxijet stream mod for me. i will obviously pay for materials and then some, but since i haven't...
  13. A

xenia vs. feather duster

some xenia is overgrowing my feather duster. the feather duster has attached itself to a rock (and has been there for a while) well the xenia decided to grow around it. it has not grown over the top of the tube but it has grown almost completely around it. i am afraid to try to cut it off...
  14. A

what are these things

ok so my dad is here taking pictures and we turned the lights out to take a few pics that way. well while holding a flashlight to the tank to look at things we noticed these little worm looking things. some were red some were blue. they were maybe 1-2mm long i guess 1/16th of an inch...
  15. A

Brine shrimp hatchery

ok so im new to this growing part and im following all of the steps on marc site i just wanted to post some changed i made to the setup. Since i have access to these three-way valves i used one of them to help me with the hatchery then i added a roller clamp to the drain line so that i can...