Recent content by afishfanatic

1. A

Its been a LONG time!

Hello everyone! I have been away for years and was wondering who was still here from the old days.   I still have my 365 setup sitting dry in my game room and am ready to do something with it or sell it off.   So....whos here?  :)
  2. A

Need ID please

I had an outbreak of something red going across my sand bed and assumed it was cyano. On my last water change. I avccuumed it out only to have it reappear Now it is working its way up my rock work and isny slowing down. Recently, I took a close up look at it and it looks like some sort of tiny...
  3. A

Algae in prop tanks - I need a solution

I am having hair alge problems in the prop section of my system. The biggest problem area is the egg crate. Snails dont clean it and crabs just fall through.only take a is growing up onto the frags. What does everyone to do keep the algae at bay?
  4. A

Anyone know of a good stand and canopy buider?

I am STILL looking for someone to build my stand and canopy. Does anyone know a good one please?
  5. A

Need to borrow a large koi holding tank.....

Does anyone have a large Rubbermaid or similar tank that I can borrow? I am planning on rebuilding my koi pond and need a temporary home for them while construction is going on. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! :)
  6. A

Need Help Moving New Tank

Hello, I am picking up my new tank, possibly on Saturday. The time will be somewhere around 10 am at my house in east Plano. At this point I am looking for ~5-6 people, but wont knwo for sure until I hear back from others about the availablilty for that day. Anyone available...
  7. A

Reeflux 12K's anyone?

I am currently running 3 400W Reeflux 10K's. The color is very white and I would like a little more blue. I have heard some people say that the 12K's are comparable to 20K's, so I wanted to hear some first hand opinions. Also I am using Icecap electronic ballasts. Anyone running this setup?
  8. A

My most recent addition

I just thought I would share a picture of my newest coral. I have been looking for an out of the ordinary green Cynarina and finally found one.
  9. A

Refratometer Calibration Help

I read a couple of other threads on how to calibrate a refratometer. So I bought some of the 53.0ms conductivity solution and attempted to correct mine. On my refractometer it has 2 scales: one for d20/20 on the left and one for 0/00 on the right. I am assuming that the 0/00 is the same as PPT?
  10. A

OK, how did you guys do that?

I have noticed that several people of this board have there tank parameters from the controllers listed on their signature lines. I think that is a great idea. When you go out of town, all you have to do is log onto this site and see that everything is OK. How do you do this?
  11. A

**Updated with pics**Who can build a metal light hood?

As th topic states, I am looking for someone to build an enclosed light hood made from sheet metal. I have contacted several that I have found in the yellow pages, but none have panned out. Any ideas?
  12. A

Look what I found in my Monti

I bought this ecrusting montiopra a month or so ago and noticed there were lots of holes in the rock and the coral itself. After inspection I found nothing. But yesterday, this is what I discovered. :shock:
  13. A

ID Anyone?

I just noticed this yellow material starting to cover my rocks. I have not noticed it before today and now it is in at least 3 places. My first thought was that it was a sponge, but it appeared quickly and is filamentous. Any ideas?
  14. A

Anyone switched from XM to Reeflux?

It is time to replace my bulbs again, so I am conseidereing a change. I recently went to visit a another member's tank (Servo) and was very impressed with the color of the sps corals. I have been running 250W XM's for about 3 years and have been happy with them. I originally chose them because...
  15. A

Is there any hope for these cup corals?

I've had the pagoda cup for 6+ years and the yellow cup for 2+ years. About 3 months ago, the tissue started to recede and algae took its place. Any ides on how to save them?