New tank

Ammonia is not much from 0. Beginning to wonder if the kit is bad.
Already getting small spots of diatoms.
Should not be long before the algae starts to grow.

Well the Ammonia has finally zeroed, The Nitrates are at 10.
Diatoms are spreading nicely. A few patches of cyano though. Not too big.
I will post photos not too interesting though.
I will get 30 pounds of REAL live sand, and 30 pound of live rock from the Florida gulf hopefully on Wednesday.
It is really not enough but it is all I can afford right now. Optimally it would be about 50-60 pounds of sand.
What can I say all I can afford is all I can afford.
Does not show up too well but there it is.
IMG_0501_zpsvf81l4ni.jpg
alt="">

If you're ever in the metroplex let me know Jerry, I always have a ton of live sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I can't get my rock till after Christmas due to shipping times it is best to wait till afterwards.
They said they would throw in some extra for the wait.
It shouldn't mess anything up waiting.

Got my live sand and rock on Friday the 8th.
As it had been in shipping for 3 days I just put it into the tank. I will clean off the dead macro algae and sponge on Monday.
The rock (30 lbs) has 2 brain corals, and a few patches of what I think are a Palvona species of coral. I don't know much about ID'ing corals (unfortunately the larger brain coral was partially crushed in shipping. Parts of it appear to be healthy though)
There are some other patches that could be some kind of incrusting coral, but I am not sure. After I clean it I will try to get some decent photos so some one can educate me as to what they are.
There are also around 5 Turkey Wing clams and an anemone. I really opens up more after the lights are out and it's tentacles are a red color.(not sure what kind it is as I first saw it this evening)
Of course I have no Idea what else is lurking in the rock.
I will post Photos after the rock is cleaned as it looks a little ragged with the various Macro-algae chopped up on it.

Got it from Florida Live Rock, aquacultured in the Gulf of Mexico.
Not like the stuff you see at Petco.

http://floridaliverock.com/live-rock-sand/premium-coralline-rock/

The live sand has a lot of dark particle in it, but I guess I can live with that.
Here is a picture of all the rock I have in the tank Easy enough to see what is the new.
IMG_0507_zpsse6oysi8.jpg
alt="">

Here is the large damaged Brain coral
IMG_0506_zpsryhbgsau.jpg
alt="">

So far all I have found on this one is all the Macro and a large Turnkey Wing Clam.
IMG_0504_zpsxq5tqnwa.jpg
alt="">

This has the small Brain Coral and at least 4 other coral colonies.
IMG_0503_zpsd7r7qc1r.jpg
alt="">

Unfortunately no.
I got the 30 lb. special on the website and it shipped ground, 3 days.
Normal orders without the shipping included are air freight of overnight.
I think it is pretty good 30 pounds rock for $129 .
30 pounds of real live sand $88

Well, I couldn't wait the 4 more months for the algae to grow and get eaten.
Stocking with the fish from my old tank.
I will post photos this evening.

Looking good jerry, looks like your tank is trying to stabilize itself very well. I finally finished my plumbing, hopefully ill find some time here in near future to throw some water in and start my cycle.

Thanks grod.
Hope everything goes well with your tank.
The live rock I got from florida live Rock is good.
Still finding new things and lots of coralline, a good deal of it purple too.

Let me know how things go. I am sure it will all go fine.

Not hearing much from the locals here for a while.
I guess everyone is busy.
Could be the site is dying too as I have had no response to a thread I posted trying to get Id's on corals.
Got them on The Reef Tank posted there a few days ago. Seems to be much more active than here.

I keep hearing about this site "dying" I hope that's not the case. The very few people that made this site not fun left long ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@BrianG wrote:
I keep hearing about this site "dying" I hope that's not the case. The very few people that made this site not fun left long ago! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Doesn't seem to be much activity.