New tank

The brain coral on the large piece of rock has gotten at least 1/3 larger and looks great.
There was a 3rd brain at the base of the rock the first one was on I thought it was dead but it started opening so I removed it from the rock and glued it to a frag plug.
The damaged brain coral is recovering and feeding well.
I found 2 small colonies of white Tube or Flower Corals that looked dead when I put them. one was not attached to anything just looked a bit dead coral in the box of rock and I just threw it on the substrate like crushed coral. The other was attached to the shell of a clam that died 2 days after I got the rock. Fortunately I just removed the dead meat and stuck the open shell on top of a piece of rock to seed it with coralline. I have not glued the colony that was loose on a plug but have not decided whether to do the other just let it sit.
Well the coralline has started to grow on the large piece of dead rock in the photos.
The Caulerpa and fuzzy finger macro algae is growing out as well.
I have a nice orange sponge that is starting to grow out too.
I don't know how it got there but there is a small feather duster on piece of the dead moved in a week and a half ago.
There is really a lot of life on this rock.

And oh yes I found out that the macro algae I posted the photo of is fuzzy finger.

Looking good Jerry! Been busy at work. Finally glued all my plumbing together, I'm running 2 pumps, one for return the other for the accessories manifold. Fixed all my leaks, set up the controller, and the cycle is well on the way. Got my flow going, all accessories and breaking in the new skimmer. Since its cycling for the break-in procedure I'm just letting it spill right back into the sump, no worries there. Temp is stable, now patience is what I gotta have. I'll try to load some pictures if I get a chance.

Actually, thinking about it, don't want to mess up your thread by posting pictures on it sorry, not sure what I was thinking. I'll start another one when I get a chance right here on the Wichita Falls forum.

Went to Wichita Falls today and got some more snails a Peppermint shrimp for the clean up crew.
The crew were a little understaffed at 2 Astraea and one Cerith.

Still finding new stuff. A few days ago I found what looks like a ribbed limpet. Last night found 2 more.
Found another brain coral today. Looks different from the others I have. Need to move to where it will get more light.
To do that I will have to cut the rock it is on.

Well I have 2 Ocellaris Clowns, Pajama Cardinals then all of the hitchhikers.
I want to get a Yellow Tang, don't know for sure with a 65 gallon tank.
I also am considering an anemone. Possibly a Haddoni, Bubble tip, or Long tentacle.

Thats cool, have never heard of a Haddoni, will have to look that one up. I really like anenomes, ive never had one, little afraid it will decide to take a walk on me i guess. Have always wanted one though. As far as the tang, i probably wouldnt do it in a 65, one yellow tang would probably fine, i have a 72" aquarium and i feel bad for them sometimes lol, looks like they just wanna keep swimming, my wife loves them. Im not sure ill get one this time around now thinking about it. She picks the fish lol so who knows, im just in it for the coral. I think if my wife didnt have to see fish i would be fine with just coral.

The Haddoni is a large carpet anemone.
I guess I need to find something fairly decent size and colorful to fill out the tank.
I was thinking a Dwarf angel like a Flame Angel, Coral Beauty but they can nip LPS corals.
The 3 Brain Corals I have, not completely sure on the fourth yet, were hitchhikers but no point in letting them get eaten.
I really like the looks of the Flame Angel and Yellow Tang.
I was thinking maybe keep a Yellow until it grows to big, trade it in for a small one. However since they like to swim so much I will drop that idea.
It will be a while before I get an anemone, if I do. Tank is really to young for one now.
Have any ideas on something larger and colorful to fill my tank a little.

my wife pics the fish, i just tell her if we can keep them or not lol. I think firefish are kinda cool, i actually like a couple different versions of gobies, they are just plain awesome fish to watch i think. Ive never owned a wrasse, but ive had some buddies with some really colorful ones. I had some chromis in Texas, and like them but the wife said she would like to see anthias this time around, so we'll see about those, still reading up on them.

my wife pics the fish, i just tell her if we can keep them or not lol. I think firefish are kinda cool, i actually like a couple different versions of gobies, they are just plain awesome fish to watch i think. Ive never owned a wrasse, but ive had some buddies with some really colorful ones. I had some chromis in Texas, and like them but the wife said she would like to see anthias this time around, so we'll see about those, still reading up on them.