New tank

They say green emerald crabs are good for bubble algae, I'm kind of afraid of them though when they run out of things to pick at.

I let them settle in and then brushed them off with a brush, not sure if i should have but not worried about it, i still got awhile before i can do anything else for now

Cool! What kind of frags do you have? I went to the lfs yesterdayjust to look and they have rbtas. Man im really curious to have one but all the research im doing points to basically having an anenome tank/perfect tank, or you may have a walking nightmare on your hands hahahaha, i think im goingto pass on an rbta.

Well there was an Open Brian Coral that would not get enough light on the rocks they were on, so I cut it off and glued it to a flag plug so it would not be bounced around the tank. And some Tube or Flower corals that I thought were dead when I dropped the rock in and later found open. I also have some Zoas that came with some GSP I bought.
There is one thing that I cut off Not sure what is for sure. Kind of a while elongated oval with a reddish pink center. Thought if might be a different brain.

I bought a rbta once turned out it was dyed and died.

I just found at least 3 more of the white thing. (make that over 7) They are much smaller than the first one I found.
Oval around 1/8 inch long, white with a reddish pink area running down the center.
They appear to be calcareous and flesh colored. They do not move, at least not the one I moved to frag plug.
Don't know if you see it well enough to tell that it is. It is off of Florida gulf live rock if that helps.

white%20thing2_zpsp9tfe1w0.jpg
alt="">

white%20thing_zpsssi3zkb4.jpg
alt="">

Trying to get a good picture with a phone is a lot of fun.
Especially when you used to shoot 35mm cameras.
I pulled 3 of he smaller ones off. To bad I don't have a microscope.
I plugged on of them and will see what it does, or doesn't.

Hey Grod.
Want an open brain coral? (at least that is what it appears to be)
The coral I have in the photos and the damaged brain look the same.
If they get as large as I think (around 5") I will not really have room for both.
The other small one is a different color, But I still don't think I will have room for 2 in my 65 gallon.
I will let you have one if you want.
Plus do you think it would be advisable to remove the brain on the rock that is pictured so it can be placed on the substrate. (if I keep it)
the damaged brain is the largest and I think the most attractive so I will probably keep it if I get rid of the some.
I can send you photos of all of them if you are interested.

Ill pass on it for now Jerry thanks! Im not even close yet to be able to put anything in the tank yet. Just got the top off working and gonna start testing here shortly to start stabilizing some parametrs. As far as the scape for the brain, ive always seeing brains low by the substrate. If it was me, in opinion id try to restore both. Later if they both make it to be healthy specimens you can always sell the one you dont like or trade with a buddy. You can try if youd like putting one low and one midway up see if you notice a difference. When my tank was setup in texas i actually had to put mine on the substrate and about half way in the shade under a cavern for it to flourish. In the open it would turn pale on me but the rest of corals would be fine.

All 3 are healthy and doing good. The Damaged one has recovered and looks quite nice. It is the largest of them and the area that got crushed is on opposite sides so it kind of adds to the shape instead of detracting.
I just don't think I will have enough open space for all 3 in the 65.
Guess I have plenty of time before it becomes a problem.

Well, now that I got the top off going my salinity is stable, holding off a little bit for the dosing pump for dkH since I don't have animals yet. Everything seems to be running smooth for now thank goodness. got the carbon and GFO running and the skimmer is doing an impressive job for not having anything in the tank, its pulling some major gunk out wow! Like nasty brown stuff so that's cool, trying to keep it on the dry skimming side for now. I have a pretty cool app on my IPAD called aquarium Pro, I think it was like 2 bucks, and getting my husbandry organized. You can put task reminders, etc. I think my cycle is almost done so for a while i'll get my husbandry down and then think about getting some animals. I really wanted an anemone. But I think I'm going to get a nice Torch coral instead.