New tank

My 37 gallon started to leak.
Due to the low quality of the 37 gallon tanks locally I ended up getting a 65 gallon Aqueon with stand combo at Petsmart.
It is currently filled on my deck checking for leaks.
I will then.
Drill the back and install overflow.
Get the sump and return header built.
I am planning on setting it up and cycling it as described by Charles Raabe on Chuck's addiction website.
It looks pretty good. Stand design leaves something to be desired.

Tank is drilled, return header built, return plumbing at sump ready to connect to return header.
In the morning I will paint the back of the tank black and install the overflow late in the evening or the next day.

A few photo's.
Taking it slow and trying to do it right this time.
I got a danner mag drive 9.5 it should deliver enough water for the 65 gallon tank.
How are you doing. Get another tank?

I just got back from my deployment, i have the same tank, making preparations to set it up. At my last house i was able to to put my filtration through a wall, but i cant do that in this house. So last week i put together a sump out of a 40g long. This week hopefully i can start plumbing the tank and go from there. I to am taking it slow as i would like to do a few things different myself.

Well I bumped the 10 Gallon tank I was going to use as a sump into the door cracked front panel at the bottom panel about a 1 inch crack.
I will silicone it for now and finish the plumbing. Replace when I can get some thing better.

Here are some images. Sorry I don't know how to make them smaller here and did not size them before uploading.
The finished return manifold. 1 1/4 inch with 3/4 inch outlets. I can always cap them with 1/4 or 1/4 inch holes to increase pressure.
alt="">
Return manifold

Return plumbed to sump. And yes that is a backflow valve, There is no way my current 10 gallon sump could hold all the water from the return header.
I didn't say but I am using a Danner Mag drive 9.5 for the pump.
alt="">

The tank is now set up and started to grow bacteria. I will get more images up as soon as I get a chance to get them off of my Phone.

I should have stated that cycling was started with a 1/2 inch of raw shrimp 3 days ago.
Yesterday ammonia measured .5 ppm and nitrates were 0.
I ended up using some Carib Sea Ocean Direct substrate. It was the cheapest for the volume available locally.
Since this is supposed to be live I though there might be higher ammonia and maybe some nitrates showing but not the case.
Shows just how live this substrate is I guess.

@jerryclunsford wrote:
I should have stated that cycling was started with a 1/2 inch of raw shrimp 3 days ago. Yesterday ammonia measured .5 ppm and nitrates were 0. I ended up using some Carib Sea Ocean Direct substrate. It was the cheapest for the volume available locally. Since this is supposed to be live I though there might be higher ammonia and maybe some nitrates showing but not the case. Shows just how live this substrate is I guess. said:
I've always wondered how live that stuff is as well. Seems like it's just full of plain rodi water. Maybe it's not but I've used it in the past and still had to add something to get the cycle going on my tank.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

I was not counting on it being "live". Not ready for live sand and rock till the ammonia hits 0.
Then I'll turn on the lights and grow some algae for a while.
After that it's add the clean up crew to get rid of the algae.
Then it's finally time for corals and fish.
I have at least 5 - 6 months before the fish will see it. (if I have the patients)
I really want to it together so bad.

Very nice Jerry. Im moving along slowly on the 125. I just finished the plumbing, now need to take apart and glue it, finished building the sump, still need to setup all the electrical, hang my lights, setup the ATO and crank it up.