New 225G reef

Ok.. I finished making a short vid of the 8way in action.. It's about 1 minute long and 11MB (dialup beware) I'm working on a longer one that I will upload later. Probably to the OM website.

The four outlets on the bottom have all been turned upwards so you can see when they come on. They really push the water up.

Video Link

I picked up my Trigger System's Ca+ reactor yesterday. Thanks to David for a great looking product and to Rick for the suggestion :)

careactor2.JPG
alt="">

The PVC elbow is 1" for size reference.
careactor3.JPG
alt="">

Hey Steve. Rhonda wants rock in the tank this week. So I will probably end up doing that this week and installing the T5s next week.

@5y5tem 0verload wrote:
Ok.. I finished making a short vid of the 8way in action.. It's about 1 minute long and 11MB (dialup beware) I'm working on a longer one that I will upload later. Probably to the OM website. The four outlets on the bottom have all been turned upwards so you can see when they come on. They really push the water up. [url=http://www.5y5tem0verload.com/Images/Untitled.mpg]Video Link[/url] said:
That 8way rocks!!
I want one. I think it would blow the glass off my 90 though! :D
-Chuck

Yes it does rock. The video doesn't really do it justice though.. :)

You could put one on your 90.. you'd just need a smaller pump.. lol

I almost added a supersquirt to my return line, but didn't want to do all the extra plumbing in combination with what I already had. :shock:

You should have plenty with that 8 way. They are just great. If you don't have enought flow just remove the unions and place a new pump under it. That 8 way I think can handle at least 4000 GPH

Hey Aaron,

The Sequence Hammerhead that the 8 way is hooked up to will push 5520GPH at 4' of head. I'm probably getting around 5000. I spoke with Paul at Oceans Motions and he said the 8 way would easily handle the Hammerhead output. I do however have a custom drum that has 3 outlets open at the same time as opposed the the standard 2. I didn't want to restrict the flow potential of the pump.

Jeremy,

Yes I think I like the OM more than Tunze because of the ability to hide it better and the ability to easly upgrade if need be.

In my 90 I am going to be running about 1100 GPH through the Super Squirt which it can handle up to 2200 GPH they say.

@Gargoyle12 wrote:
Jeremy said:
Agreed. Although, one benefit of the Tunze devices is power consumption. The large CL pumps pull crazy watts.

What no pics?! :D

@Servo wrote:
Nothing beats the natural look of a deco rock! said:
You are correct they do look very nice but the cost to me also is another issue with going with Tunze since I am getting my whole closed loop setup including the pump for about the same price as one Tunze stream.

Well my 8way and Hammerhead pump costs as much as 2 Tunze streams so it's relevant depending on the amt of flow

@5y5tem 0verload wrote:
Well my 8way and Hammerhead pump costs as much as 2 Tunze streams so it's relevant depending on the amt of flow said:
So I guess it comes down to preference.

But now lets get back to subject on this build log.

More pics please on your current progress.

Ok.. I did a bit of work today. I added the heaters and skimmer to the sump. I placed the Ca+ reactor, CO2 tank, and 3 phosban reactors in their final places, but I still need to plumb them. I spent some time with Scott discussing my electrical panel. The water has salt in it(1.025) and I added the sand 15 minutes ago. All of this on top of fixing a leak at the adapter that threads into the CL pump return.

051706-1.JPG
alt="">

051706-2.JPG
alt="">

(Ignore the clamp I was fixing the plastic handle on the CO2 tank)
051706-3.jpg
alt="">

051706-4.JPG
alt="">

you sure have been working, lots done since I saw it last! Your valves and foam disks should be here no later than first part of next week, estimated for Friday, so maybe.... At the rate your going we'll be filling up your tank with corals before you know it! I see you got your calc reactor, what brand of media are you going to use?

What media are you using to fill up the phosban reactors? Carbon? Rowaphos?

Do you see any issues with the SSB and the flow from the 8 way? I know your CL intakes are lower in the tank. Are they going to be sucking in sand?

I was working on tank related stuff for about 9 hrs yesterday Robert. Where were ya? Huh?! :p Yes we're going to fill it up with corals! I'll be emptying your frag tank. :twisted: I picked up the Caribsea ARM for my Ca+ reactor media. What are you using?