New 225G reef

Hey Peter, come on over and we'll do drinks :)

Thanks Rick. They never look neat after you get all the wires run :( I'm so not looking forward to routing all of the electrial. BTW.. How do you like your MRC Ca+ reactor? I'm in the market :)

You know it works very well. But I tell you I recently bought a new Triggersystems skimmer. While I was picking it up, I saw his design on his calcium reactor and it looked very good. I am not sure of the difference in costs but if I was in the market I would be looking at his calcium reactor also.

Thanks I'll definately look into that one as well. The other one I've been looking at is made by Reeftek.com slallen has one and says it's great.

I may have to take you up on that! I'll bring the mountain Dews! :D I'll see what is going on after my appointment with the "snip snip" doctor! :shock:

Yikes! :shock: Hope all goes well. Just give me a call. Let me know if you need my # again. We'll talk shop :)

PM sent Peter.

Hey Rick, I did a google search and didn't come up with anything for a trigger systems Ca+ reactor. They don't even show it on their website.

Jeremy thats because I don't think he has put them on there yet? But you know he lives in Allen and if you're interested I can give you his email. I saw the one he hd made in person and I liked the design. It is a reverse flow reactor, great idea. I wish mine was, I don't if MyReef-Creations is making them that way now or not. Also he is doming the top of his reactor, allowing for the excess Co2 to bleed out of the reactor.

I didn't know he was based locally. An email address would be great! :)

Looks good Jeremy! I am excited to see the progress. When You get this monster up and running, I am going to have to bring the misses over to your place. That way, you can help me convince her to let me upgrade! :D

-Chuck

Thanks Chuck. No point in waiting until it's up and running. Bring her over anytime and we'll try and convince her you need an upgrade :D

Not a big update, but I have a few more pictures.

My Kaleini LR arrived today from Frank's. 88lb box for his price of $349 is a great deal. The price comes out to $3.98/lb. That matches most online prices and there was no shipping charge. It's a truely great deal IMO. There were a few large pieces(27lb, 22lb, and a 15lb). Large flat and round with a couple natural arches thrown in. Awesome shapes and sizes. The large pieces will definately be helpful in aquascaping this large tank.
I wish the coloration was a bit better, but I'm not going to complain. That will come with time.
88lbrock1.JPG
alt="">

88lbrock2.JPG
alt="">

I got all the bulkheads installed. I also attached the strainers for the 2 CL intakes. Thanks for the item link Marc. They're going to work great.
strainers.JPG
alt="">

Forgive the glare on this one, the MH from the temp tank was on behind me.
bulkheads.JPG
alt="">

I began doing some of the prelimanary plumbing. Attaching fittings to pumps, installing the bulkheads, and gluing the unions to the OM 8way. Looks a bit strange, but this was what Paul at OM recommended since the outputs are solvent/slip. I did this in case I ever decide to redo the plumbing or when I get a bigger tank, I can reuse it.
8way.JPG
alt="">

I'd like to finish up on the plumbing, but I've decided to wait until my sump is finished(Hint, Hint, not mentioning any names :p). I'd hate to plumb/glue something wrong and have to redo it because I was impatient.

That's what I'm talking about! :D Thanks Marc. I think Rhonda is getting more impatient that I am. lol

I added the skimmer to my rock vat just over a week ago. It's gone nuts since I added that new rock yesterday. :shock: I think it's going to work out well in the new tank.

rockvat.JPG
alt="">

I just wanted to thank Robert (fish2morow) for coming over on Monday and helping me complete the wiring of the 2 20A circuits. We knocked it out in about an hr. Unfortunately, we weren't able to use the same hole in the back of the breaker box because it was stuffed full with all the original wiring; so after a 20 minute round trip to HD we had what we needed to finish. It wasn't what I wanted to do, but Rhonda hasn't griped about it, so I guess it's fine. :)
conduit.JPG
alt="">

SUMP was finished! Thanks Marc. It looks great.

I copied these pics from my thread on Marc's forum (Melev's Reef). There are more there, but I just posted a couple. I'll take some more after I get it in the stand. I didn't have the correct tool to take off the removable back center brace on the stand. grrrrrrr.. I hope to have it in the stand today and I'll start plumbing it on Sunday. :D

sys2.jpg
alt="">

sys4.jpg
alt="">

sys1.jpg
alt="">