New 225G reef

@TCU Reefer wrote:
What media are you using to fill up the phosban reactors? Carbon? Rowaphos? Do you see any issues with the SSB and the flow from the 8 way? I know your CL intakes are lower in the tank. Are they going to be sucking in sand? said:
Hey Steve. I'm using one phosban reactor for carbon and the other 2 will be filled with TLF Phosban media.

I haven't tested the sand bed and the 8way yet. I had the CL pump turned off when I added the sand and just let the system run with the return pump overnight. I'm not worried about getting sand in the CL intakes. The intakes are the large strainers about halfway up the backwall. The four return outlets that are on the bottom of the back will will be pointed upwards so they shouldn't effect the sandbed. I am a bit concerned about the 4 closed loop returns that are at the top in the 4 corners because they point downward and have substancial flow coming from them. I may just have to adjust them so there's less of a downward angle. The rockwork will also make a difference so I'm just going to have to monkey with it. I'll keep ya posted.

@5y5tem 0verload wrote:
I was working on tank related stuff for about 9 hrs yesterday Robert. Where were ya? Huh?! :P Yes we're going to fill it up with corals! I'll be emptying your frag tank. :twisted: I picked up the Caribsea ARM for my Ca+ reactor media. What are you using? said:
Well the same as I was today, working my @$$ off! I got home at 9:45 tonight....I use Caribsea Arm as well and I love it!
You might want to come pick out some frags before swap, most of them are going to swap so I can start all over and fill the new frag tank as well. Hopefully I can get some new exotic corals at swap to have a better variety. I am also going to do some serious searching for some new colonies soon too--may have some colonies for sale if I can find some new stuff!

Your tank is coming along very well!!!

@fish2morow wrote:
[I]@5y5tem 0verload wrote:[/I][quote="I was working on tank related stuff for about 9 hrs yesterday Robert. Where were ya? Huh?! :P Yes we're going to fill it up with corals! I'll be emptying your frag tank. :twisted: I picked up the Caribsea ARM for my Ca+ reactor media. What are you using? said:
Well the same as I was today, working my @$$ off! I got home at 9:45 tonight....I use Caribsea Arm as well and I love it!
You might want to come pick out some frags before swap, most of them are going to swap so I can start all over and fill the new frag tank as well. Hopefully I can get some new exotic corals at swap to have a better variety. I am also going to do some serious searching for some new colonies soon too--may have some colonies for sale if I can find some new stuff!

Your tank is coming along very well!!!"]

Only 9:45? You slacker. :twisted: Just let me know when's good for you to come pick stuff out. I'll bring my accountant (Rhonda).. lol With all the live rock already cured in the vat I'm not expecting a cycle. Hopefully I'll be ready to add livestock next week.

Awesome, Saturday afternoon or we may have to do it one evening next week Mon thur Wed only, going out of town on Thur. Sunday I will only be available in the morning--afternoon and evening are filled!!!
No rest for me this weekend!!!

I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon to go out of town and won't be back until Sunday evening. I'll try and get with you Sunday - Wednesday evening. If you have a day that's better for you let me know.

J

@5y5tem 0verload wrote:
I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon to go out of town and won't be back until Sunday evening. I'll try and get with you Sunday - Wednesday evening. If you have a day that's better for you let me know. J said:
Right now I have late afternoon jobs on Mon and Tuesday and probably will on Wed too since I have a short week. Any night should be fine, except for Sunday...I am taking my son and his bud to a concert in Dallas Sunday evening.

@fish2morow wrote:
[I]@5y5tem 0verload wrote:[/I][quote="I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon to go out of town and won't be back until Sunday evening. I'll try and get with you Sunday - Wednesday evening. If you have a day that's better for you let me know. J said:
Right now I have late afternoon jobs on Mon and Tuesday and probably will on Wed too since I have a short week. Any night should be fine, except for Sunday...I am taking my son and his bud to a concert in Dallas Sunday evening."]

Just call me whichever night is best for you.. I should be up late.

Ok.. I've been working on my T5s. I couldn't ever find any 60" 2 bulb fixtures so I made my own. Here are some pics of the first one. Now I just have to build one more.. lol

t5s1.JPG
alt="">

t5s2.JPG
alt="">

t5s3.JPG
alt="">

t5s4.JPG
alt="">

t5s5.JPG
alt="">

Well it's been a long day, but I have the T5s mounted in the canopy. I'll try and wire them up tomorrow/Thursday.

I'm holding off on the aquascaping until this weekend. I'm picking up a 6' acrylic rod (1/2" diameter) on Thursday to help combine some rock formations. I'm hoping to add the livestock next week.

t5install1.JPG
alt="">

t5install2.JPG
alt="">

Thanks Scott. I'm glad I'm finished with that. I was putting it off because of how difficult it was.. lol.

Thanks Landon!

I just realized from looking at the pictures that I didn't remove the protective film from the T5 reflectors. Have to remember to do that when I get home.

Well I have the T5s wired and installed and the Ca+ setup. Tweaking it out now.

Here is my first attempt at drilling and combining rocks. I think it looks good. I hope the rest turn out this well. Whatcha think?

rockdrill1.JPG
alt="">

rockdrill2.JPG
alt="">

I love the shape of that rock. Pukani? Kaelani?

Also, try to rinse of the tip of the drill and your bit with fresh water to prevent rusting.

I had to learn the hard way... :sad:

Looking good! I still need to find time to make it over to help out but by the time I get there it will be finished! I guess I'll settle for cleaning the glass. :D

All 188lbs that I have is Kaleini. The drill bit has already been rinsed :)

@PK wrote:
Looking good! I still need to find time to make it over to help out but by the time I get there it will be finished! I guess I'll settle for cleaning the glass. :D said:
I'll be here all day tomorrow.. hint hint.. lol

Jeremy,

I can't remember if you are going BB or with sand, but if you get a chance, put some acrylic legs on those pieces to get them off the bottom of the tank.

Chris

Hey Chris.. They're proped up on PVC legs.. there is a SSB in the tank.