New 225G reef

Update? What's that? :p

Well now that my hair algae outbreak is gone.. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow when the lights are on.

Here are a few pics of my tank. After I get it all stocked.. I'm going to invest in a nice Canon SLR camera.

06-27-06_16.JPG
alt="">

06-27-06_1.JPG
alt="">

06-27-06_2.JPG
alt="">

06-27-06_3.JPG
alt="">

06-27-06_4.JPG
alt="">

06-27-06_5.JPG
alt="">

Very nice! And only one fish - I'm impressed. Talk about self-control. :!:

Thanks Marc. Not really self control.. just been buying up frags up until now :D

Thanks Steve. Yours is looking great also. 8)

I'll be adding at least 1 more fish (Achilles Tang) and then probably 1 or 2 that tickle Rhonda's fancy since she's funded the whole project :)

I have some zoos that I had sitting on the sand bed.. had to move them partly under a rock because they weren't opening. Since the move they're much happier. That being said, I'll be adding more colored sticks as I find ones I like.

I think I'm done with the LPS though. I have two brains, a hammer, and a torch.

I'll also be adding several more clams to fill up the sand bed in the center of the tank.

Sound like a good plan?

definately add the achilles, you have the flow to keep him happy! I finally sat down and looked through all of the pages, great job, and I like the future plans for it. Keep up the amazing work!

Sounds like a good plan. Very light stocking list as far as fish goes. Your tank will make mine look way overstocked when I'm done with it! :D

As far as the colored sticks go, let me know if there's any colonies that you're interested in. I might be willing to split it with ya. PM me if you find something you like.

Thanks Matt! :)

Hey Steve.. I'll do that.. but you do the same if you see something of interest :)

Jeremy, I just read through the entire thread for the first time! (I don't how I missed it before)

You have done a great job, just goes to show what planning and taking your time can accoplish. Congatulations.

I will look forward to watching this tank mature.

Thanx again for sharing everything with us.

Thanks Richard :) Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer them for ya.

Just a quick update.

I'm now an absolute firm believer in consistant, unwaivering tank parameters. I lost 2 corals before my Ca++ reactor was setup. One STN'd and one RTN'd. Right after I got the reactor setup I started to lose 2 others to STN. I snipped off the bad spots for 1 week as they appeared. Well they've finally stopped STN'n and there is new tissue growth on those spots. One had to be clipped all the way to the base, but it looks like it will make it :) I even had a 1/3" tip that I cut off of 1 of the 2 that I lost. I superglued it to the rock structure. It got knocked off, but not before it appeared to be all white and dead. This was several weeks ago. I happened to be looking in the tank last night and much to my surpise that tiny frag had made it and was encrusting on the rock where it fell.

I also have more fish now! I have a Copperband Butterfly and an Achilles Tang in my QT tank. I pulled my Yellow Tang out of the display and put him in the QT also.. to help ward off any aggression to the new fish since it had that big reef all to itself for so long.

achilles1.JPG
alt="">

Hey Chuck. As a matter of fact, not really. :? The achilles made it to his new home, but I had to get rid of the copperband. The tangs bullied it way too much. Other than that and the addition of a couple of SPS frags. There's not really anything new. I can, however, clean the glass and take a pic if you like. :)

ARGH!

My yellow tang attacked my Achilles sometime yesterday morning. I banished the yellow to the sump, but the attack and stess on the Achilles was to much and he didn't make it through the night :(

that bites.....I was thinking that your yellow was a touch smaller than the achilles.....and wasn't much of a fair trade. :?

When my powder blue gave my blonde naso some pretty good scrapes several months ago, the pbt was (and still is) smaller than the naso....but the naso really had no problem recovering....