My New 214 RR with Pics

i'm using a vinyle sheets .. once you put the water and LR you wont notice it. why? dos it look bad?

I would paint it too...

stuff stuck to the back wall can be a pain, water and salt creep will start to get between it and the glass eventually

well. the tank can be used as a Room divider . so if i use paint then i cant use it in the future as a Room divider. the vinyl i can take out easy . do you guys have any other ideas beside painting it ?

o yeah. you can buy that one decorative backing they sell at pet store. one side is usually solid blue or black. that way it would have that smooth apperance.

but the tank is 26 inch high ,,, nothing at the pet store will fit it... i think i'm getting the vinyle sheet that they sell at fastsigns , but they sell the background for 70$ .. which makes me think that is too much. any ideas guys?

thanks

Put the pet-store backing over the top part, and let your rock work cover the gap at the bottom?

Just a thought...

Go to Regal Plastics or Allied Plastics and ask for Coroplast. It's the corugated plastic you make signs out of to put in your yard. Buy a full sheet for $15 and cut the amount you need. I ran a solid piece of clear packing tape across the top and bottom to prevent any salt creek from getting between it and the glass. Been perfect for over a year now.

By the way, your setup is outstanding 8)

For the life of me I can't remember what it's called, but Regal Plastics sells a sheet of black hollow-core material that works perfectly. I know somebody else here has the name. I used it on my 65 and attached it with velcro.

Get a sheet of cloroplast. I used black on the back of my 29g, and used velcro to attach it. Worked great. Barry showed it to me on his tank, and I liked it.

ok guys . went to fastsigns and got the sheet.. 82$ just to make everyone happy. thanks for the ideas

NOW . before i start buying the lights i need yall help please..

here is what i'm getting . either option 1 or 2

1- http://www.reefgeek.com/products/categories/lighting/104185.html
2- http://www.reefgeek.com/products/categories/lighting/10084.html

thanks everyone.

If it were me, I'd be looking at higher wattage than 175 watt MH's... I've got 4 175 watt MH's on my 150, and have regretted it for some time, wishing I'd gone with 250's instead...

#2...since there are 4 55w instead of 2 96w you can customize the color output of the lights slightly better

hmmm...

Tough call. The benefit of the 2, 96w bulbs is less to replace, save yourself ~$50 each time you replace them.

Of course thier not going to cover the tank like the 55's would, but they may penetrate a bit deeper then the 55's would.

The 55's give a lot more options, thats a tough one!

6500k 250w halides with 4, 55w actinics would look pretty nice I bet...or 10k halides with 2 96w actinics, theres almost too many options :p