My New 214 RR with Pics

Oh. What did they cost to purchase the separately? Typically, they are purchased as a single long unit.

i got the lights and i mount them on the hood. it was easy job. but i just want to make sure its not far or close from the water . its about 9 inch from the water. i need help please and here is some pics

thanks yall

It looks good to me. Do you have some type of fan to blow the heat out of the canopy by sucking in fresh air from the room?

i'm putting the fans this week. right now i dont have anything in the tank so i'm not worried about the heat. and i'm not running the lights for more then 5 hrs. next week i'm getting my fish and i will have the fans installed.

thanks

I wouldn't put the ballasts in the stand like that. Thats a lot of heat thats going to leech into your sump that way.

the MAG 24 is driving me nuts. it sound like a lwan mower.... i need help please... when i turn the water half way it sound better. when i turn it on all the way . it sound like its sucking the water very bad with a very very very noisy sound. what do i need to do. i have to turn of the tank at night. i even removed the bio balls and went with the pip all the way down ,

thanks

So is the noise definetly coming from the pump?? Don't understand why you would remove the bio balls and extend the drain pipes further down into the sump if the pump was making the noise. Did you take the pump out and make sure there is no debris in it or if the impeller is in good condition?? Is the noise a vibration or is it coming from inside the impeller assembly? Could the increase flow cause excess bubbles which gets sucked in the intake of the pump?

Hrmm, it looks like you already have some padding under the MAG to help with the vibration, not sure what else to do beyond that. I can say that the MAG 9.5 pump on my skimmer is louder than any other single piece of equipment I have.

Great looking setup! Hope you can get the volume under control.

Is the noise a vibration or is it coming from inside the impeller assembly? ( its not Vibration i can stand the sound of vibration ) but the sound looks like a water is sucked too hard .
Could the increase flow cause excess bubbles which gets sucked in the intake of the pump? ( how can i change that? ) i think that is the case here. cuz when i turn the water down the sound go away.

help plzzzz

thanks

turn back the pump like you said or downgrade to a smaller pump. You don't need that much flow in your return. It most likely is sucking up air ilke you are saying. All you really need is 3-5 times the volume of the tank for the return. Then if you want more circulation, I would add a closed loop or some powerheads such as the tunze or seios.

i hope there is another idea, cuz i cant do that. i already finished pluming it. and there is no way i can get another pump. i think and hope there is another way to reduce the air inside the pump.

thanks

I have the same problem too....It wasnt like that when I had my sqwd hooked up and two ball valves....but I just could get my damn....piping to stop leaking I figured it outone day that there was too much pressure on one of the joints....Now that I took it apart i have this stupid fizzing noise comming fron the pump housing.....what size piping are you running....Im using....1.5".....

i'm using 1.5 . if you look back at my pics in this post you can see how i did the pluming for this pump. so your never stoped the noise?

well. that is what i have... intake is 1.5 out to 1.5 then to 1.0
i did call the Danner company in NY to tell them about that sound . they said we will get back with you...

yeah that sound like them....I was reading on reefcentral.com that 1.5" should be used for the i/p but when ot comes to the return 1"-3/4" must be used to stop cavitation...Im gonna try that to see iff it works.....may be i can even use my sqwd now..... :wink:

Yasser, try installing an elbow on the intake of the Mag pump, pointed straight down. It must be at least 3/4" off the base of the sump though. Then it will suck water from the bottom inch of the return section, and stop sucking in air.

Marc , but the water level is at least 2 inch above the bulckhead .. i dont know where is the air coming from . and if i start turning the waterdown. there is smale bubles go to the tank... what do you think about changeing the pump to Dolphin 2700 Aqua Sea?